No announcement yet.

Those Patriotic Republicans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll shut it like I shut your momma's ass cheeks last night when I got done with her.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Templar -
      how are commies hypocrites?
      Well, since communists don't want others imposing their ideologies on them while wanting to impose communism on others, I'd say communists are by definition guilty of hypocrisy. That can't said for everyone else since not all ideologies are imposed on others, you know, like us libertarians.

Comment

That can't said for everyone else since not all ideologies are imposed on others, you know, like us libertarians.
        But you want to severely limit the powers and extent of the government, meaning you want to impose your ideology on others.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

That's like saying my desire to be free from slavery or involuntary servitude is an imposition on those who seek to enslave me.

If you want big government running your life, feel free to pay for it. Just don't make the rest of us join in your endeavor.
          Last edited by Berzerker; July 23, 2003, 02:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
            If you want big government running your life, feel free to pay for it. Just don't make the rest of us join you in your endeavor.
            Well that is rather the problem isn't it? You want a smaller government, and I want a bigger one. As long as we live in the same country, someone is going to end up imposing their views on someone else. Claiming that you don't wish to do so is hypocritical. I will make no such claim.
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

Well that is rather the problem isn't it? You want a smaller government, and I want a bigger one. As long as we live in the same country, someone is going to end up imposing their views on someone else. Claiming that you don't wish to do so is hypocritical. I will make no such claim.
              So you admit hypocrisy since you do want to impose your ideology on me but don't want me imposing my ideology on you? I have no desire to impose freedom on you, just freedom from you imposing your ideology on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

You apparently didn't get the in my post, Berz. Both sides have hypocrites. For example, many Soviet leaders were hypocrites. the reason, I think, Communism hasn't worked yet is that those leaders (Stalin, Mao, Mugabe) were hypocritical, They claimed leadership for the good of the people but grew rich on the blood of others, That is why I like Democratic control by the workers themselves. the same goes with conservative leaders (Franco, Mussolini, etc.).

*waits for Fez to come say how good Franco was*
                Well the left has always been more stupid and hypocritical then the right.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                  Templar -

Well, since communists don't want others imposing their ideologies on them while wanting to impose communism on others, I'd say communists are by definition guilty of hypocrisy. That can't said for everyone else since not all ideologies are imposed on others, you know, like us libertarians.
                  I'll remember that as I'm choking on fumes from industries using their own environmental standards.

But seriously, that hardly qualifies as hypocricy. Communists don't object to other ideologies being imposed - only all those other incorrect ideologies.
                  - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                  - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                  - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Odin, don't be a dumbass Your ad hom's at repub's don't mean anything. They are fezzings

...sigh...

I was going to comment in this thread, but it's turned into another lame cat fight between the usual suspects.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd like to see how, say, MtG is a hypocrite. Or, for that matter, how I'm a hypocrite. Prove that conservatives are universally hypocrites and I'll believe you.

it's obvious. he, like most liberals, has fallen victim to the same disease that most conservatives suffer from. it's a horrid disease, which eats away at the intellectual facilities of an individual, reducing heretofore logical and understandable speech into mind-numbing spittle-covered rhetoric. blindly assuming generalizations about the other side.

Well the left has always been more stupid and hypocritical then the right.

B♭3

Comment

Working...
                      X