Mozilla 1.4 : Finally worth the move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i believe so.

EDIT: i recall seeing it, but of course i never really took much notice of it since i don't have any import IE favourites...
    EDIT2: for the moment i've ditched mozilla for opera again. i require mouse gestures to play TDZK half-decently because it's a game the really requires you to be fast. otherwise you die. or others do. so in conclusion, go play TDZK right now. or else.
    Last edited by Method; July 22, 2003, 21:15.

Comment

Well Mozilla 1.5a doesn't crash every time a Java applet loads now, so that's good.

But I've run into a bunch of bugs/annoyances within the 5 minutes just now of using it.

* There is no mass-import of IE favorites, you need to import them individually. No thanks.
      * I downloaded a theme from DeskMod to use, and selected "Use now". After it installed, it didn't select it.
      * After this, the scrollwheel stopped working in all Mozilla windows until I closed it and reloaded.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Management misInformation Services, may I not help you?
        -30-

Comment

yet you have the poly store banner in every post you make
          That's different. It (hopefully) helps Apolyton.

* There is no mass-import of IE favorites, you need to import them individually. No thanks.
          I imported my IE favorites using 1.3a. But maybe they've removed it by now. If they have, then shame on them, because it gives Microsoftiacs another useless point to continue hitting on.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I've been trying Mozilla Firebird. Not bad actually for a 0.6 release. Nice and quick.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
              I've been trying Mozilla Firebird. Not bad actually for a 0.6 release. Nice and quick.
              Been using it since 0.6 was released. I'm very impressed with it as it has proven to be very stable. Just 1 crash in 2+ months.
              We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Asher, no comment on the future (or lack of) of Internet Explorer??

Comment

I don't comment on something I don't care about.

I always use the latest Windows, and always the latest browser.

I can't remember the last time I downloaded a standalone IE.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Okay, my 2-day Mozilla trial is over. It's still a buggy, bloaty piece of crap.

The latest bug is quite annoying. It somehow duplicated a small portion of a post and put it at the bottom of the post. And it doesn't let me highlight it or select it at all, but it's still there as I scroll.

Everything below the "professor" line in this screenshot is a duplicate of something located a few paragraphs above.

Somebody let me know when Mozilla isn't buggy crap and I'll try it again. But would you people stop lying to me already?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Never happened to me. Asher, you must have a knack of ****ing non-Microsoft things up, don't you?
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• I like Opera mainly because of:

a)mouse gestures.

b)somehow avoids two IE curses apparently specific to my PC: random redirecting (not likely adware related, as even french 404 equivalent and misc. error pages show up out of nowhere once in a while), and the incomplete loading of pictures/thumbnails (lots of red Xs too).

c)when it crashes, it doesn't take all of Windows down with it.

Might give Mozilla a try though...
                        DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

• Maybe this is something wrong with the static qt i386 version of Opera, but whenever I use page up/down all the animated gifs stop.

Diss: How do you turn on/set up mouse gestures?
                          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                          XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
                          X