No announcement yet.

Mozilla 1.4 : Finally worth the move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what asher is saying is that if it's the case for him, it's the case for everybody. hence, his confusion (like me) at anyone who says xp crashes on them.

i've never experienced it (outside of incidents which i've caused)... therefore, anybody who has must be on crack.
    B♭3

Comment

I just find it odd that Mozilla has never crashed for someone who supposedly uses it a lot, because I use it only while at school or in Linux and it crashes quite a bit...along with all of the other annoying interface quirks/slowdowns I've already mentioned.

It gets the job done, but if given the choice of IE over Mozilla, I'd choose IE instantly.

Not that IE never crashes on me, just less than Mozilla does and it doesn't have the same annoyances.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well, who knows, maybe your school administrator installed some "Lead-Users-Toward-MSIE-With-Numberous-Mozilla-Crashes" patch

Then again, you happen to think IE is better, and for me Moz is better (as in it has never crashed on me) so to each his own, I guess.

(Even if one of each is right )
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

IIRC, MSIE's zoom only applies to relativistic fonts. Mozilla's zoom applies to all fonts. Opera's zoom applies to everything.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

MSIE's zoom only applies to relativistic fonts.

ie's fonts obviously approach the speed of light, which makes them superior. obviously, since it's a faster browser because of it.
            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
              IIRC, MSIE's zoom only applies to relativistic fonts. Mozilla's zoom applies to all fonts. Opera's zoom applies to everything.
              Mozilla's zoom does not apply to CSS fonts, at least the last time I used it.

It annoyed me particularly because it was under Linux with a horrid font config, and I seriously couldn't read the "last post" fields on Apolyton, so I tried the Text Zoom but it just blew up other stuff.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Opera
                The choice between Opera and Moz, as I see it, is how much you like advertising.

I hate advertising. I want it to die and burn in hell. Then I want its family and extended family to die and burn in hell, and after that I will dance on its grave. Thus, I want Moz.

However, if one might want to get a browser with a few neat bells and whistles at the cost of advertising, then they would want Opera.

Comment

there are, uh, cracks... ^^;
                  B♭3

Comment

I just tested it.

When you go to a larger zoom in IE, only a few of the fonts will get bigger.

When you go to a larger zoom in Moz, all the fonts get bigger, including text input fields and everything.

Comment

What good is the text zoom if it's buggy?
                      Attached Files

Comment

And if the text-zoom thing in IE really bugs you, there's an easy way to get around it...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Asher, I only started noticing that until about +200%, and if you regularly use that much, you're going to have one HUGE middle finger from using your scroll wheel all that much. I mean, geez, you can't even see a decent post in a whole 1600x1200 screen almost.

Comment

i use my pointer finger for that button, too. the only thing my middle finger does is click the right button.
                            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                              Asher, I only started noticing that until about +200%, and if you regularly use that much, you're going to have one HUGE middle finger from using your scroll wheel all that much. I mean, geez, you can't even see a decent post in a whole 1600x1200 screen almost.
                              You don't have to excuse it.

It's just a perfect example of all of the little bugs that you'll continue to run into Mozilla that somehow drives most people back to IE after toying with it for a bit.

It still has a ways to go.

Comment

Asher, as per your 21-07-2003 22:28 post:

WTF? I don't know what you're talking about, what you did, or why. (Usually a spam has at least a little backup to it )

Comment

Working...
                                X