Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep Deprivation

What's the point?

What's wrong with going to bed at 10:00, reading for twenty minutes and then waking at 06:45? I'm becoming more and more sure that a good sleeping pattern like this one is the key to success and health.

www.my-piano.blogspot

sleep deprivation is for us young folk, you old folk need your rest!

My sleep deprivation comes from boredom, there is no rhyme or reason, I go to bed restless so I get up and try to find things to do. If I had a day full of work/playing/whatever or if I have a reason to go to bed early then sleeping is not a problem.

Comment

More than likely, but it depends on one crucial factor: whether you have a life. You see those of us who happen to 'have a life' find that this can often prevent us from attaining the perfect sleeping pattern. Unlike you so it would seem
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You do realise that the best of day is before noon? All the ****** haven't woken up yet..
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Don't look at me, I'm in work at 8:30 I usually function on 6 1/2 - 7 hours on weekdays...don't generally get too tired...if I do, I have an early night...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

i need ten hours of sleep to be at my optimum performance. Its unfortunate then that i usually only get 8 or 9. If i have a late night i'm wrecked for the next day.
            Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

What if you hate the morning?

Comment

Go to bed earlier and avoid stimulants.

You only hate the morning because you go to bed too late and are hence tired and irritable in the morning before you've pumped yourself full of caffeine.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

i like the mornings. i get stuff done in the mornings, get lazy in the afternoons and don't achieve anything.
                  Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

I get too bored in the morning and put stuff off until the afternoon, so I may as well have slept in...

Comment

i'm up at 7am, can't say i enjoy it too much, go to bed about half ten usually. except on weekends when i go out (not this weekend though, saving some money). :/
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I work like a slave all day long, I never stop, although I am extraordinarily productive...I do the work of 3 people, yet get the pay of 0.6

But soon, the upper hand will be mine
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Re: Sleep Deprivation

Originally posted by Boddington's
                          What's the point?

What's wrong with going to bed at 10:00, reading for twenty minutes and then waking at 06:45? I'm becoming more and more sure that a good sleeping pattern like this one is the key to success and health.

Player you have found out another key to success.

What's the point of life if you are too tired to actually enjoy it? I see too many people make this mistake.

Keep up the good work.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            More than likely, but it depends on one crucial factor: whether you have a life. You see those of us who happen to 'have a life' find that this can often prevent us from attaining the perfect sleeping pattern. Unlike you so it would seem
                            Those of us that don't have a life often also participate in sleep deprevation

It's called "'Poly"

Comment

my sleep dep came from college and bad boyfriends...I have neither at the moment so I've been catching up on some much needed rest for the past few months....
                              "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Working...
                              X