Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red_jon
    He needs a big cowboy hat.
    We gave him a nice one when he came to Calgary last year for G8.

Bush got the same one.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, but labor doesn;t have to keep Blair as its head, now does it?
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Labour will stay in power, but not under Blair. There'll be a leadership struggle of some sort, and Blair will lose, as he's lost a lot of the Labour grassroot supporters. Brown will probably replace him, for better or worse.

Comment

I reckon Ken Livingstone should be empero... I mean, legitimately elected Prime Minister.

Comment

Tony Blair will not be deposed.

Gordon Brown won't challenge him and any "stalking horse" would be trounced.

The labour party are notoriously stupid in things like this but not even they would give Robin Cook or Claire Short more than 20% of the votes in any contest.

He will carry on until the election, If and its a big If the Tories reduce the majority to under 40 then he might go.

He may decide that the Labour party are are bunch of whining class warriors and leave to join Clinton on the lecture circuit though.
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I'm just waiting for the Lib Dems to become the opposition. Hopefully the next Tory leader will be a bald authoritarian too.

If they had any sense, they'd go right-liberal, with whatsisname.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                Yeah, but labor doesn;t have to keep Blair as its head, now does it?
                I don't think that he has any effective challengers at this point.

I'don't see his government falling by fall, but you never know with the British parliment.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I don't see him falling unless and until there are elections or atrocious-looking polls that impair the governing authority of the party.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

At one point, Blair said, "And what you can bequeath to this anxious world is the light of liberty."

I wonder how many congressmen had to pull out a dictionary to find the meaning of the word "bequeath"? After all, it is not a word that we Americans use very often.
                    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

I'm just waiting for the Lib Dems to become the opposition
                      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Well, they're always growing slowly. I might be 80 by the time it happens, but at this rate it will

Comment

Now it is getting very mysterious.

David Kelly, Counsellor of the govermnent and Weapons Expert, but at the same time apparently one of the critics of the Iraq Dossier seems to have been found dead near his house in southmoor.

He told his wife that he wanted to take a walk and never returned. Now the Ploce has found a body near the house which matches the peronal appearance of Kelly (although it isn´t yet clear if it is really Kelly).

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Now, this is good stuff for all those conspiracy theorists
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

red-ken as PM, chirst that'd be time to leave the country

blair will be ok until the next election, but with reduced credability, after the election it's anybody's guess...
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*

Every time I think the Conservatives can't get any more out of touch with the public they surprise me.

I'm sure their core support must be starting to die off due to old age now.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Well, they're always growing slowly.
                                They're not though; the Liberal Democrat share of the vote - even with the woes of the Conservatives since 1992 - hasn't actually increased at all in over a decade. Their increase in seats is largely due to an improved attempts to have completely different policies in different constituencies target resources in key constituencies.
                                Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X