Tony Blair adresses Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Blair adresses Congress

Yesterday, British PM Tony Blair adressed a joint session of Congress. And it was an absolutely amazing, brilliant speech.

full trancript here:
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Blair rocks. Debating that elsewhere.

Bush and Powell next run, with Blair taking over Powell's spot.
    Powell running after Bush's 2nd term.
    Now there's a dog that will hunt.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Blair
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Blair looks worryingly at home with a giant US flag behind him...

Comment

Well, Blair better change citizenship and try to run for US office cause his future in Britian is looking less secure by the day.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

What would the state code for England be?

Comment

I don't think Blair even CAN run for another term. can he?
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's quite amusing really. If Blair was American you'd be calling him a communist.
                Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Yes, but now he's our communist, End.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                    I don't think Blair even CAN run for another term. can he?
                    Its a parlimentary system: as long as he heads the Labor party and the labor party rules, he is PM.

Yes, Tony is very leftist for the US, but all the gun nuts would vote for him just for Iraq, and then rue the day they did...Hey, maybe it would not be a bad idea?
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

He needs a big cowboy hat.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'll give him a cowboy hat, if that's what it takes.
                          I'll give him the one I was going to give Che.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well i doubt he'll be in office here for much longer (my bet is on end of october, beginning of November for the government to collapse), so i am sure they'll be happy to ship him over. Rush him through a citizenship porcedure, change some rules...

Comment

You think the govt will collapse? Labour are still pretty strong due to the lack of competition.

Who's gonna elect a baldy or a ginge? The conservatives and the liberal democrats are screwed.

Comment

Working...
                              X