Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Jehova's witnesses only go bothering people door to door in nice weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Jehova's witnesses only go bothering people door to door in nice weather?

The work of Jesus only needs to be done when its warm weather? Is not my soul being damned in the winter too?

Personally I like Jehova's witnesses..... They seem to have a "10 things to tell Jews" kinda a canned list that they memorize ahead of time that they are supposed to say to Jews, and its ever so much fun refuting them all in my doorway LOL!

The Morman ones are nice though, a group came to my house when I was alone last year and we had a nice, politce discussion in my doorway for a half an hour, they left on a good note and blessed me I figured since I was polite and showed interest I'd be put on the "Morman Mailing List"-sent a bible and harrased, but I wasent !

*gives a shoutout to any mormans on Apolyton*

I was harassed by a couple of Mormon thugs after I chatted with them for 2.5 hours one drunken afternoon... They stalked me for 3 weeks!!!! Guess I deserved it when I told them that I find god in the bottom of beer cans

As for the ol' JW's I think their religion sucks. I mean, you can't celebrate anything! No birthdays, weddings, even christmas is right out. If I was a JW I would certainly wait til the weather was nice before I went and peddled my crapy, no-fun god...
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Why does the Fuller Brush Man only come in sunny weather?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm trying to get a bunch of Buddhists together with me and start going door-to-door, but they keep telling me it's against our religion.

They didn't go for the Buddhist jihad, either. Those guys can be such sticks-in-the-mud sometimes
        -30-

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I have one side of the Family that Are JW's..........They never bring up Their Beliefs to my me..........They are coscientious objecters but they didnt mind me protecting their freedoms when I was In the Navy.
            I often wonder when they go into their spiel if I can drop my pants & tell them to worship at my Altar
            Last edited by CorpusScorpius; July 17, 2003, 23:37.

Comment

Actually, it's a little known fact, but God only answers prayers made during sunny weather. Clouds interfere with Divine reception and stuff.

That's why all those scientific study that failed to find a correlation between prayer and stuff failed. They were all conducted during the winter university session and clouds were strewn about willy nilly.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

screw them. They think because im catholic im some kind of vile uncleaned heathen. They can suck on my left one.

Everytime they come to the door its fun.

Comment

If you let them suck on your left one, wouldn't that make you a vile unclean heathen?
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    If you let them suck on your left one, wouldn't that make you a vile unclean heathen?

Comment

Is that the only one left?
                      -30-

Comment

just because they are christians, doesn't mean they are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                          screw them. They think because im catholic im some kind of vile uncleaned heathen.
                          You mean you're not a vile uncleaned heathen?

tsk, tsk.
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

just because they are christians, doesn't mean they are stupid.
                            I don't really even feel right calling them christians. They are somewhat stupid, but not because they are christians. Mind you, I don't think Jehova's Witnesses themselves as people are stupid, but the Watchtower organisation they follow and abide is pretty much the root of all the problems I have with their beliefs and actions. Preaching the apocalypse for the past century, the blood donation and receiving policy, not to mention the treatment we philistines and, more importantly, former JWs get... here they don't even really educate themselves because it's "useless", they world is going to end soon anyway so what's the point?
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

They visited me some years ago. What this guy said was just too much. He asked me what I was doing and I replied I was a molecular biologist.
                              He then said this: "How interesting! We are going to visit a couple of girls upstairs from you later and they are also biologists. And do you know what? (whispering) They believe in monkeys!"

Saved my day
                              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X