Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here lived in a communist country? Report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gangerolf
    70cl Absolut 40%: 245 kr (about $33?). it used to cost more but they actually lowered the taxes couple of years ago.

No wonder Norwegians arrange bus trips over the border to buy liqour. In Sweden, with our infamous high liqour prices, the same bottle is "only" 230 SEK ($28 for comparison).
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel
      33$... wow... It's 10 around here. a reasonable price, I think.
      310 rubles for a bottle of Absolute?
      It must be a cheap fake.

Comment

• Wait... rechecking price... I might have it confused.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• I fought for the Soviet Union in 1942 against Britain and Italy.

It was a cold summer day when we were all shivering and then some german officer appeared and talked with our officer...... finally a grenade exploded next to my head and the guy next to me cut through a tree with his body because of the pressure that blow him away..... after I woke up I was interrogated by fascist nazi leaders who want to know anything about my connections to Stalin. I told them that he was gay and that he took privates with him sometimes but that I had never been one of the "chosen"....... back on the battlefield I headed for safety. I jumped into the next foxhole and fired out. About a dozen French Soldiers stormed out at me. I had six shots left and killed them all. Then I tried to head back, fearing for the reinforcements that would arrive soon. Luckily there came Darth Vader and picked me up with his Star Destroyer. But I didnt like that Jedi thing all too much so he sent me back into the year 1998 where I was the one to spread rumors about a possible y2k bug.... and while fighting the machines I still had to deliver the pizza. So I jumped into the house smashed the pizza on the table, took the money, loaded the gun, ran out and fired and shot all of the machines. I was rellay lucky then, even more because all of the machine were explosive and had it not been that none of the shells hit the 132 explosive spots on them I would have been blasted to hell.

Comment

• Yes, I understand. First you have to convert sheikels (sp?) to bucks, then bucks to rubles.

Comment

• ( I usually don't drink it. I drink the 7$ Vodka. )
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Atahualpa
                I fought for the Soviet Union in 1942 against Britain and Italy.

It was a cold summer day when we were all shivering and then some german officer appeared and talked with our officer...... finally a grenade exploded next to my head and the guy next to me cut through a tree with his body because of the pressure that blow him away..... after I woke up I was interrogated by fascist nazi leaders who want to know anything about my connections to Stalin. I told them that he was gay and that he took privates with him sometimes but that I had never been one of the "chosen"....... back on the battlefield I headed for safety. I jumped into the next foxhole and fired out. About a dozen French Soldiers stormed out at me. I had six shots left and killed them all. Then I tried to head back, fearing for the reinforcements that would arrive soon. Luckily there came Darth Vader and picked me up with his Star Destroyer. But I didnt like that Jedi thing all too much so he sent me back into the year 1998 where I was the one to spread rumors about a possible y2k bug.... and while fighting the machines I still had to deliver the pizza. So I jumped into the house smashed the pizza on the table, took the money, loaded the gun, ran out and fired and shot all of the machines. I was rellay lucky then, even more because all of the machine were explosive and had it not been that none of the shells hit the 132 explosive spots on them I would have been blasted to hell.
                You need some serious help.
                Somebody call a doctor...or better shot this poor fellow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson

Oh! First Bulgarian Apolytoner.
                  Or first that I noticed....

By the way, I think my scn is the only one in which a Bulgarian civ appeared... I may be wrong, though.
                  What is your scenario about? I have thought of making a Balkan Wars (1912-1913) scenario.
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel
                    ( I usually don't drink it. I drink the 7$ Vodka. )
                    Do you have there a Crystal's "Gzhelka"?
                    Damn cool stuff, much better than that piss we export to Yanks, like "Stolichnaya" for example.

Comment

• eristoff

Comment

• Excuse me...

Comment

• 33$ for a bottle of Sweden piss?
                          No thank you, I better stay in Siberia.

It costs 20-30$ here.

Our domestic vodka is much better and it cost ten times less.
                          russian vodka is da best
                          I think the cheapest (legal) vodka here would cost 28-29.

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid

No wonder Norwegians arrange bus trips over the border to buy liqour. In Sweden, with our infamous high liqour prices, the same bottle is "only" 230 SEK ($28 for comparison).
                          it's not that big of a difference really. 230 sek = 208 nok. and how much do they pay for the bus? suckers.
                          well I guess they come not only for the booze, but also for other cheap stuff (which is basically everything).
                          CSPA

Comment

• I heard on the news some time ago that the prices in Sweden and Norway used to be the same before we joined EU. A combination of a strong Norwegian krona and EU forcing Sweden to get lower prices (on most stuff, I guess) seems to have created a big difference in only eight years.
                            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb

Do you have there a Crystal's "Gzhelka"?
                              Damn cool stuff, much better than that piss we export to Yanks, like "Stolichnaya" for example.
                              oh no. We make our own booze, thankyouverymuch. Stolichnaya is a POS. But I hate Smirnoff, while most people like it, so we can agree to disagree.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X