Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear that? That's the RN dying.

BAe can't build carriers to budget

In short: The large carriers that would have restored Power projection to Britain ( the type of which only America and France currently have) may be shrunk. Instead of carrying 48 aircraft each, they could be reduced to carrying as little as 20 each.

While cheaper in the short run, "small" conventional carriers are inefficient. Oh well...
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Registered Nurse?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The Royal Navy, highspeed.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

The RN surely has RNs.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This is excellent news - hopefully, the British people won't be forced to cough up billions of dollars that will be wasted on weapons the British don't need.

I mean, seriously, people - why would Great Britain need large carriers, or for that matter even a large navy?
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Uh, that's their business, and if you've looked at a map lately, they're an island.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd

I mean, seriously, people - why would Great Britain need large carriers, or for that matter even a large navy?
              So that Britain can remain strong, proud, and glorious.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

/me says "DF is a heartless Libertarian. If he sees homeless mothers in the gutter, he'll pay them to make a bigger gutter"

Comment

Of course it's "their business", if you mean the business of the British people. I seriously doubt a majority of them want to waste that money on large aircraft carriers. I know, let's see what the Brits on here think - other than maybe Boddington's, they're probably mostly against it

And sure, they're on an island - in a time without any serious conventional military threat at home or abroad. Oh, yeah, and they're also allied to the nation with the most powerful/capable navy in the history of the world.
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Shi,

So that Britain can remain strong, proud, and glorious.
                    I rather suspect that's the reason, but is there a point?

Lonestar,

* Lonestar says "DF is a heartless Libertarian. If he sees homeless mothers in the gutter, he'll pay them to make a bigger gutter"
                    Only if they want a bigger gutter

Comment

Britain needs a large navy so she can be the eternal majesty of the seas.

Comment

DF's opinions are obviously worthless... just look at what he thinks about procrastination!

Comment

Correction:

"DF is a heartless Libertarian. If he sees homeless mothers in the gutter, he'll pay them and their kids to make a bigger gutter"

Comment

Britain also needs a large navy so they can project power to help the USA destroy the enemies of freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                              Correction:

"DF is a heartless Libertarian. If he sees homeless mothers in the gutter, he'll pay them and their kids to make a bigger gutter"
                              even better

Comment

Working...
                              X