No announcement yet.

Questions about and STD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condoms are, generally, not very effective for preventing HPV transmission, simply because the spread of the virus is skin-to-skin.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Molloscum contagiosum can look like small genital warts, but it isn't. It's just an annoying little virus that eveutally goes away on its own . . . you you can have the, liquid nitrogened off. It's a skin to skin thing, and the virus can survive off the human body for quite some time. Hence, it's one of a tiny handful of STDs you can get non-sexually, i.e., from a toilet.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
        Oh, and no, before anyone asks, i do not think or know or suspect or in anyway believe i might have genital warts. smartasses.
        I never figured you for the type to get a dishonorable discharge.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

that's obscene. and it's a symptom for other things, i think, not hpv.
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            that's obscene. and it's a symptom for other things, i think, not hpv.
            I know that, but how often do you get a set up like this? An army guy asking about STDs!
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

i know, i was just completing the joke. although i don't know if it needed it... ^^;
              B♭3

Comment

Molloscum is not an STD. By definition, an STD is only transmissable sexually (although there are some in the grey area like trichomoniasis).
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

What is the proper anachronim? IT seems to be STI over here now (sexually transmitted infections)...

Comment

genital warts can be spread with condoms??? wow......

anyway...

Comment

STI and STD are used kinda interchangeably by the verbally lazy (such as myself) but technically you could have a STI without disease.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

an older term now fallen into disfavor is vd, for venereal disease.
                        B♭3

Comment

I just (mis)use "the Clap' as an all purpose term, then if anyone wants me to be more specific I eleborate.

Comment

I never figured you for the type to get a dishonorable discharge.

LOL. I had to read this and the post after it 3 or 4 times before i got it.
                            -connorkimbro
                            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Working...
                            X