Exceptional Drum Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music is for wussies.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Thanks Jay Bee. I will check them out. I must admit I never paid much attention to all of their solo albums after they split up. I liked Band On The Run, Imagine and Ringo's second album (the one after Sentimental Journey) but that's about it. They never found the magic they had when they were together
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

And to leave this thread tonight: Backbeat (the movie about Stu Sutcliffe) is just now starting on Dutch tv...
        Once again...

Comment

Of course they didn't But in addition to the albums you mention they also got reasonably close in "All Things Must Pass" (George), "Ram", "Flaming Pie" (Paul), "Double Fantasy", "Milk & Honey" (John), and "Goodnight Vienna" (Ringo). My humble opinion, of course

Comment

I got to tell you, for my part, Ringo wasn't/isn't all that great.

And Clapton has played around so much it's hard to keep up.
            That goes for his guitar playing, also.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sometimes good drums just blow you away in terms of accuracy/incessancy/loudness/sensitivity, but I've found a special place in my heart for drum parts that work on a more understated level than that, where the drummer brings attention to himself/herself not through how exceptional a drummer he is but through how creatively he can use his instrument as a song-writing tool. To me, a truly successful drummer is one which, in addition to carrying a song rhythmically or adding an extra dimension to it also uses the drums as an entirely hook-based instrument, creating memorable fills, rhythms and bridges that compete on an equal basis for the listeners attention with the riffs and licks and choruses other instruments provide.

That is very very well put

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Compared to Paicey or Cozy Powell of course he wasn't But he was/is fun, and that's what matters most of the time

And Clapton has played around so much it's hard to keep up. That goes for his guitar playing, also.
                That's so true.

Comment

"Black Dog" from Led Zeppelin IV and almost anything by the Who when Keith Moon was still alive.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

You are wrong here. Ringo may not be the greatest drummer on earth but he just did what he had to do while playing in the Beatles. Without him the Beatles wouldn't be the best band ever.
                    Once again...

Comment

No, my opinion differs from yours.
                      Neither of us is "wrong" particularly.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij

You are wrong here. Ringo may not be the greatest drummer on earth but he just did what he had to do while playing in the Beatles. Without him the Beatles wouldn't be the best band ever.
                        They aren't, so it's a moot point isn't it.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

moby ****

led zeppelin

I do think you can include John Bonham of Led Zeppelin along with Metallica as bands that heavily incorporate drums and percussion into their music.

Tool is another good band. especially their last album- Lateralus.

Comment

Working...
                          X