No announcement yet.

AD&D- Who's the GM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounbds like fun, but I haven't actually played since the first edition of AD&D, so these new editions are unfamiliar to me.

I would however be willing to help with background and the backstory, that was always my favorite part of the game anyway.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Game Master is less nerdy than DUNGEON MASTER!
      "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
      - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

exactly

and dungeon master brings to mind dungeon crawls which I am less interested in

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have a thread in the story forum

at some point (maybe soon) we will need to leave the OT

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

This sounbds like fun, but I haven't actually played since the first edition of AD&D, so these new editions are unfamiliar to me.

I would however be willing to help with background and the backstory, that was always my favorite part of the game anyway.
            Well, if I get chosen as DM I will most likely be asking for your help then. I'm well versed in the Third edition rules, and somewhat familiar with second edition, but I haven't DMed much and could certainly use help fleshing out plots and backstory.

Also, if we decide to use third edition, Tuberski and anyone else unfamiliar with Third edition should go
            HERE, to download the System Reference Document which contains the bare bones of the rules. Wizards of the Coast provides the SRD for free mostly for use by other game designers, but it's a handy reference for those who don't have the rulebooks and don't wish to get them.

Comment

If elected DM, I would put many things to a vote regardless of the outcome of the second poll. Things I would put to a vote:

1) Exact setting, though I believe FR will win any vote hands down, there's a big difference between a campaign that starts in Waterdeep and one that starts in say, Calimport. (If the players are ambivalent, I personally prefer Waterdeep, but that is a personal whim like the Welsh flag by my name, so I'd be quite willing to negotiate on that).
              2) Starting level
              3) Rate of advancement (i.e. should I be giving out tons of loot and exp or not so much (this can also be adjusted later)). I will not use the DMG way of awarding exp, and expect a fair amount of the exp earned to be based on non-combat actions.
              4) Anything else I can think of/houserules

Also, I would suggest holding off the version vote until next Friday, when the 3.5 SRD is posted online. (Alternatively, I'd say vote on some individual changes that are fairly needed (Rangers become a much nicer class to play, haste and harm not overpowered, etc.))
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Well, if I get chosen as DM I will most likely be asking for your help then. I'm well versed in the Third edition rules, and somewhat familiar with second edition, but I haven't DMed much and could certainly use help fleshing out plots and backstory.
                I can also give DMing advice as well, I spent a large portion of my playing time DMing.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

If I'm DM, It'll be Forgotten Realms.

What would my campaign entail? lets just say, the Red Wizards of Thay, The Mulhorandi Pantheon, and Thor joining Tyr in destroying Bane, Cyric, and Set!
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

As a true paladin, i must say Tyr
                    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I'd a thought you'd be a Torm whore.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

i don't care who's the gm. i don't have a rulebook, but i'd be willing to play.
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                          I'd a thought you'd be a Torm whore.
                          whats that? if i could be anyhting id be a genteically engineered Spartan II soldier, like Master Chief

Comment

It's clear that Brandobaris and his followers are far superior to all other gods.
                            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                              3) Rate of advancement (i.e. should I be giving out tons of loot and exp or not so much (this can also be adjusted later)). I will not use the DMG way of awarding exp, and expect a fair amount of the exp earned to be based on non-combat actions.
                              That's good. That's one of my gripes with AD&D, is that you don't really have another way of earning experience. That's why most players turn out to be combat monsters, optimised for fights.

If there are ways to advance through non-combat means, roleplaying will be a much more important aspect.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

umm

I can hook anyone up with the main 3 books of 3rd if they have a way of getting 3.6 MB sent to them (FTP, EMail, ect)

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X