No announcement yet.

St Anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only heard Rock Cliche and another soft one before. I'll check out the other ones and let you know what I think.

As for my music...

I haven't really had time to do much except record a few riffs I made up after a few drinks and a toke or two. I still need to put them together into some kind of structure with drums etc. The biggest thing is programming the drum machine - a pain in the arse.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Cool.

Yeah, I remember you sent me some riffs. It'd probably be easier if you could find some people to play with maybe...
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

I'd love to collaborate with others, but it just isn't practical without a car - something which would be a huge waste of money at this point.

Just listened to Painless and Helix - I like them a lot. You guys have really found your groove. Must be the new singer.

Comment

Yeah... unless you could find someone to collaborate with who has a car?

Thanks. I think we've got a lot better with those two songs. Magic Helmet is a really rocking one if you like that kind of thing.
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
            Yeah... unless you could find someone to collaborate with who has a car?
            So few people in NYC do.

Thanks. I think we've got a lot better with those two songs. Magic Helmet is a really rocking one if you like that kind of thing.
            Just listened to it. I like it, but I think the vocals are buried by the guitar.

Comment

I think "Carpet Burns" is my least favorite, but don't feel bad - every band needs some filler.

Comment

That's OK, I agree we have been having arguments about that because most of us want to drop it from the set but lots of fans like it.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Hmmm...well if the fans like it you might as well keep playing it then. Just don't break up the band over it.

Comment

Nah, we argue about all kinds of things. What songs to play is a minor one.

I think they like the songs from our last CD (Rock Cliche and Carpet Burns) because they know them best.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Best not to get rid of something everyone knows at this point then. You can always do that a few years down the road when you're rich and famous.

Are you guys based in London?

Comment

No, Reading but it's close enough to London to head into there for gigs.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

It sucked. Im glad i didnt buy it. Thank you mIRC!

Comment

Metallica are in thrall to the Dark Lord Bill Gates.:P

Anyways, the song has good moments, but is too long. There is no reason for a song to be over three minutes. This is doubly true if it's that long due to repeats of the lyrics.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

whew! I thought I was the only one who liked this album. I didn't like it that much at first, but after 2 listens I'm hooked.

My favourite song from the album without a doubt- all within my hands. I love it. Other good ones: some kind of monster (heavy kind of like the thing that should not be), St. Anger, Frantic, Dirty Window, Sweet Amber. Invisibile kid has silly lyrics, but it has a catchy riff, and a cool song. Shoot me again is alright as well. I still don't like My World.

Comment

I like long things. I like movies over 2 hours, and I like songs over 5 minutes. Maybe there is something wrong with me.

I was relistening to all the previous Metallica albums. At one point I was convinced St. Anger is better than the Black album. But I'm not so sure of that now. It's very difficult to compare- they sound so different. But I was listening to the Black album, and it sounded so weak. I think one reason I like the new album is because I'm an old school Metallica fan. I started listening in the Master of Puppets years. And I'm a huge fan of the and Justice for All album- an album that doesn't get a lot of high praise.

And for some reason I don't like Ride the Lightning that much. Everyone else likes it. Fade to Black is too depressing- even for me . The album is too short- which wouldn't be a problem if every song was fantastic like the Master of Puppets album. Trapped uner Ice is weak. Fight Fire with fire has a terrible choruse section. Ride the Lightning is okay, but for a title song, it could be better.

album rankings, in order (scale 1 to 10)

And Justice for All 10
                                Master of Puppets 10
                                St. Anger 9
                                Kill em' All 8
                                Black Album 8
                                Ride the Lightning 7
                                Load 7
                                Reload 6

Comment

Working...
                                X