St Anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Anger

I know you already had a thread on this Dissident, but I can't find it. Sorry.

Now that I've had a good listen, I have to say that I really like the new one from Metallica. This is the best album from them in the last 10 years. "Frantic" is great - a high energy track that reminds me of the old Metallica. Other favorites are "St Anger", "Dirty Window", "Shoot Me Again" and "The Unnamed Feeling". Another great thing about this album is the DVD that came with it. You get to see all the songs on the album performed by Metallica in the studio. The new bass player rocks! He reminds me of Cliff.

After being a Metallica fan for so long, I almost feel like I know these guys. It's great to hear that James has sorted his head out and is clean and sober.

Can't wait for the next one.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

2 word review

Sh1t Anger.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

That's OK.

I think it sounds terrible. The riffs are boring, the songs are dull, repetitive and predictable. The vocals and drums sound like they have been produced by a kid in his bedroom and there are no solos. Oh and the lyrics suck.
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

How many times have you listened to it?

Comment

The single a lot of times, the rest only a couple.

I've heard people say it gets better if you listen to it more but I really can't motivate myself to do it.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

It really does get better if you listen to it more. I found watching the DVD helps too. For some reason I get into someones music more when I see them play it.

Comment

I've seen them play a few of the songs live at the Rock Am Ring thing that's been on MTV2... I still much prefer the old stuff.

You are right that it's their best album for 10 years but it's still not nearly as good as the stuff that is more than 10 years old.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

The thing is that they will probably never get back to the Puppets/Lightning style. I reckon they still have a great album left in them though.

When the Black album came out all the hardcore fans hated it, but it's really a great album.

Load and Reload are probably their worst. That and Kill 'em all.

If you were to list your favorite Metallica albums in order, what would they be?

Mine:

1 - Lightning/Puppets
                  2 - Black album
                  3 - Justice
                  4 - St Anger
                  5 - Load/Reload/Kill

Comment

When they played the single in Ziggys I thought it was nu-metal.
                    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I really like the Black Album, I have to say I thought that was out more than 10 years ago though.

1. Master of Puppets
                      2. Ride the Lightning
                      3. Kill 'em All
                      4. Smell the Glove (Black Album)
                      5. And Justice For All
                      6. St Anger
                      7. Load/Reload
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                        I really like the Black Album, I have to say I thought that was out more than 10 years ago though.
                        Yeah, it was. That's why I rated it higher than St Anger on my list.

1. Master of Puppets
                        2. Ride the Lightning
                        3. Kill 'em All
                        4. Smell the Glove (Black Album)
                        5. And Justice For All
                        6. St Anger
                        7. Load/Reload
                        You like Kill 'em All more than Justice or the Black album?? Kill 'em All just doesn't do it for me. It's too amateurish.

Comment

Yeah, it's got so much raw energy, I really like it.

Four Horsemen has one of their greatest riffs, Metal Militia is great, as is Seek and Destroy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                            Yeah, it's got so much raw energy, I really like it.

Four Horsemen has one of their greatest riffs, Metal Militia is great, as is Seek and Destroy.
                            I like Jump in the Fire best. When they play Kill 'em All songs live they sound better IMO.

Comment

Yeah, it isn't a brilliantly produced album, it's just got good songs.

BTW, everyone should download my band's songs. Link in sig.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X