Look at me, I'm a hypocrite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at me, I'm a hypocrite!

I usually question wars that the United States has been involved in.

The past two months I have been working at the Rock Island Arsenal as an office assistant in their Programs department, where I help maintain a filing system of all equipment, supply, and weaponry orders.
    $$ It pays well $$ for a temporary, full-time job.

I knew what was all involved at the Rock Island Arsenal when I applied -- who wouldn't know with a name like that for the place? I have seen the artillery weapons they have on display outside in a green park area on the island and one or two near a couple of buildings -- I walk under a turret of one of the howitzers when I go into the building I work in.

So I guess you can call me a hypocrite.

Or maybe since I'm just a lowly office assistant, how much can you say I'm involved with the production, distribution and selling of weapons of war. Some of these were used in the war in Iraq this year.

If I'm a hypocrite, I can take comfort in the fact that at least this job is temporary, and I will be more financially secured when I take off for graduate school.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

HYPOCRITE!!!!

Damn you! :rave:

So what's the army coffee like?
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Temporary hypocrite!

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

'Hypocrisy is the last refuge of the honest.' -tyler durden
          -30-

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
            'Hypocrisy is the last refuge of the honest.' -tyler durden
            Rule number one:

"You don't talk about fight club."

ACK!

Comment

hypocrite

get him berzerker.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hell, his a capitalist, not a warmonger.

But, it seems funny, he didn't criticize the south once in his post.

Now he's a LAZY, TEMPORARY HYPOCRITE!!!!

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Yes -- is that a smirk on your face?

Comment

It's a bad economy. Any port in a storm.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      It's a bad economy. Any port in a storm.
                      You're letting me off THAT easily?

You don't remember my past thread asking how communist take advantage of capalist-origin luxuries?

Comment

I dunno, I'd rather starve than work for a defense contractor...

wait, how much money again?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                          You're letting me off THAT easily?

Yes.

You don't remember my past thread asking how communist take advantage of capalist-origin luxuries?

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't think the same rules that I apply to myself don't apply to you. If it's acceptable for me to work for Citibank, than why should I think you're a hypocrite for working for an armory?
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's amusing that some people actually take this 'problem' seriously.

Must be fun being a masochist going through life always doubting the purity and correctness of one's choices.

Reminds me of the Python song where the guy is 'so worried about the baggage retrieval system they got at Heathrow.'

Comment

You're a NAZI BABY EATER!!!
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                              X