Soviet joke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How on earth did they miss Boney M with Ra-Ra-Rasputin
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Well, perhaps they thought Boney M are against old Cszarian (sp?) guys....that fits well to communist ideology
      Blah

Comment

I'm impressed that they could accuse Madness of being violent.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

"Village people" is a classic.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

"Village people" is a classic.
            Soviets obviously thought they were rich kulak bloodsuckers.
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Oh, BTW (forgot this thread ).

Firstly, it's printed with a printer and on odd-looking paper. Secondly, none of the similar documents I saw started with ïðîëåòàðèè âñåõ ñòðàí, ñîåäèíÿòåñü. More likely for it to have Lenin's face, actually. The most ridicilous part though is íåîáõîäèìî îáåñïå÷èòü âñå ìîëîäåæíûå äèñêîòåêè ðàéîíà. Tell me, older Soviet people, how many youth discos do you remember in the ole good USSR that had foreign music, eh?
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I thought "neo-fasicsm" was what the soviet union was practicing.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

Pretty easy, they followed the good old party doctrine that all which doesn´t conform with the official party line has to be capitalist junk. Also consider that rock (esp. punk) and pop has a certain potential for opposition - rock is a lot about rebellion etc. In the eyes of those guys this was pure subversion - something the good people of the Soviet Union (and the entire Eastern block) must be save from.

For most of these countries there was a secondary reason to forbid western music, movies and books (not all, of course, a lot was still seen as "unpolitical" or even "progressive"): those had to be paid in hard currency, which was always a rare thing in communist economies.
                  It just seems senseless. In the end I think it was the unnecessary oppression that hurt their rule more than the western expressions. Even if you didn't like any of those bands, why would you want to be ruled by such idiots?
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Kid: remember, in the 80s, the leadership of the soviet union was old. Very old. That's what you get when you have your grandpa choosing music for you.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Kid: remember, in the 80s, the leadership of the soviet union was old. Very old. That's what you get when you have your grandpa choosing music for you.

Yeah, and the leadership was even more insane than it was old.

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        How old is very old? Some of our leaders are pretty old, and the elderly are very strong politically here in the US. You have to be 18, but you can still get anti-capitalist music.

Comment

remember, in the 80s, the leadership of the soviet union was old. Very old. That's what you get when you have your grandpa choosing music for you.

Grampa Antropov, can I listen to AC/DC?

NYET! Fascist scum!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The leadership certainly WAS NOT insane. they were complacent, and uncaring of the people. They were old and stale. But they weren't insane.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

The leadership certainly WAS NOT insane. they were complacent, and uncaring of the people. They were old and stale. But they weren't insane.

Anyone running communism without switching to Democracy despire the war weariness is insane .

Comment

Elderly do funny things, but it's not PC to say they are insane

Comment

Working...
                                X