X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bring Them On" Bush Says...

'Bring Them On,' Bush Says to Iraq Attacks
    Wed July 2, 2003 11:33 AM ET
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush on Wednesday challenged militants who have been killing and injuring U.S. forces in Iraq, saying "bring them on" because American forces were tough enough to deal with their attacks.
    "There are some who feel like that conditions are such that they can attack us there," Bush told reporters at the White House. "My answer is bring them on. We have the force necessary to deal with the situation."
    http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=3027229
    Do you guys think this was a wise thing to say? What happens if there's a huge attack tomorrow and 30 US soldiers die? I think Bush needs to shut up... it's bad enough we're there in the first place. Now he's inviting Iraqi elements to kill American soldiers.

Increasing attacks have killed 26 U.S. soldiers since Bush declared major combat over on May 1. On Tuesday, assailants traveling in a vehicle in central Baghdad fired a rocket-propelled grenade at a U.S. military vehicle, wounding three soldiers. Another grenade slammed into a U.S. truck on a road south of Baghdad, injuring three soldiers, one of whom died at a field hospital overnight.
    from http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._go_pr_wh/bush
    To us, it is the BEAST.

I found this quote to be relevant:
    "Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy,” Kissinger told Washington Post reporters Woodward and Bernstein (The Final Days, Simon & Schuster, 1976).
    Just imagine the outcry from the Right if Clinton had said "Bring them on".

Unbelievable...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

is that what you call de-escalation?

Comment

It's an excellent comment, they are going to hit us anyway, maybe he will piss them off enough so they make a mistake or better yet, challenge us in the open, and then our forces will take care of it. Beautiful political move.! He should have called them cowards.
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

bull****, Defiant... there will just be more and more attacks, more and more victims

this isn't quite as easy as west berlin was...

Comment

More proof the Usurper is an idiot.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy,” Kissinger told Washington Post reporters Woodward and Bernstein (The Final Days, Simon & Schuster, 1976).
              That quote pisses me off to no end.

Thats all I have to say on this topic.
              If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

It's an excellent comment,
                not if you value the lives of America's soldiers....
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

ESPECIALLY, if I value American soldier's lives.
                  Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

There are some who feel like that conditions are such that they can attack us there," Bush told reporters at the White House. "My answer is bring them on. We have the force necessary to deal with the situation."
                    Which is nonsense when you consider how badly many outfits are exposed in the urban areas- plus they're doing double-duty police work.

somebody wake me from this nightmare.
                    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

is that what you call de-escalation?

Who said we wanted to de-escelate? We're killing the jihadists over there so they don't kill themselves over here.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Don't you get it Ech, they are going to hit us anyway, bring in the open or make a mistake.

Comment

nonsense

che just mentioned Woodward and Bernstein. Don't you buy Woodward's new book. it bores to me death.

Comment

Not me, it was Sava.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

in fact it was poogas

but it doesn't matter. don't buy Bush At War

Comment

Working...
                              X