Paul
    22.00%
    George
    12.00%
    Ringo
    20.00%
    Their first manager was a banana
    6.00%
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Considering the musical taste of the average Apolytoner I know McCartney is going to win

My vote is for Lennon...
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

Other than Imagine, Lennon never wrote anything post-Beatles worth listening to. However, while the group lasted he was clearly the best.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
        Other than Imagine, Lennon never wrote anything post-Beatles worth listening to.
        "Woman"? "Instant Karma" "Starting over? Those are great songs, and his post-beatles work was the most creative out of the band, methinks.

I voted for George.
        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

John, duh.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Volkswagen.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Jac de Molay

"Woman"? "Instant Karma" "Starting over? Those are great songs, and his post-beatles work was the most creative out of the band, methinks.
              Ah, the Yoko years - crap, all of it. Nothing to match Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds or Revolution, I'm afraid. It's almost like John bought into the "I'm an artist, dammit" thing: no need for melody, musicianship, or good production because I've Got A Message.

- All IMO, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                Volkswagen.
                no no no, the 1972 soft top sports model
                eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

George. George George George. Simply the only logical answer.

Not that I have a problem with the other three, but none can match George in musical talent, voice, or just plain likeability.

'All Things Must Pass', 'Living In The Material World', and 'Brainwashed' are likely the best post-Beatles solo albums ever released. Just be-yoo-ti-ful.

'Dark Horse' and 'Extra Texture' are good, too.

Other than Imagine, Lennon never wrote anything post-Beatles worth listening to. However, while the group lasted he was clearly the best.
                  Just listen to the Plastic Ono Band album, man! 'Isolation'... 'Working Class Hero'... Many good songs...
                  "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                  "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                  "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Volkswagen Beatle, which else

my father looks like Ringo Starr, BTW. and that's literal. a true lookalike.

Comment

1. Lennon
                      2. Harrison
                      3. McCartney
                      4. Starr
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Lennon and Starr. Harrison was quite cool though, McCartney is too gay

(his 90s music was too close to popular culture, not good for my elitist attitude)

Comment

"Instant Karma" is dreck. "Working Class Hero" is OK, but I expect more from the writer of "Come Together" and "Norwegian Wood." Unfortunately Paul degraded into pure pop fruitiness post Beatles. It's almost like they needed each other to balance out their bad tendencies.

That leaves George, since Ringo simply doesn't count. George kinda wins be default.

So

1. George
                          (far below)
                          2(tie) John & Paul
                          (waaaay down)
                          4. Ringo

Comment

Working Class Hero rules.

since when has "dreck" (like "blech") been a part of the English language.

the third attempt to take over the world seems to be working just fine

Comment

Lennon had the better lyrics. McCartney had better tunes. IMHO.

They worked far better together than apart.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X