No announcement yet.

I Think A Friend Of Mine Made A Mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked out that basketball is involved. After that, I stopped caring.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Jac de Molay
      6'11" and 215? He better start hitting the weights.
      Oops read that as 245... Nope, no chance of making the roster. I am 210 at 6'5" and am not exactly seriously muscular (or fat before someone mentions it), so he could post me up, but posting up on Malone or Brand? Funneh
      Last edited by lightblue; July 2, 2003, 19:16.

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue

Oops read that as 245... Nope, no chance of making the roster. I am 210 at 6'5" and am not exactly seriously muscular (or fat before mentions it), so he could post me up, but posting up on Malone or Brand? Funneh
        depends on build somewhat. everyone gains weight as they get older tho.

just for comparison ben wallace who is an utter beast is 6'9" 240. ron artest is 6'7" 245.

Comment

It's really hard to say.

At 6'11" and 215 it doesn't sound like his body is done maturing. Now it says he's agile, so if he can make his own shots now that's something good for him.

But at that height and weight he's looking at the power forward spot. You don't get the opportunity to make your own shot there, unless you are a Tim Duncan whose post up game is in another stratosphere, so he is unleashed to create his own stuff. Agility doesn't make as much of a difference as a power forward as does the maturity of his post up game. Staying in school for a year or two would have given him time to fill out his body and improve his post up skills.

There's a good possibility he'll be riding the bench his first year and never getting the confidence or skills to make an impact.
          Last edited by Ted Striker; July 2, 2003, 23:12.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

He needs to be at least 230.

15 pounds seems like a reasonable amount of weight someone could put on over the summer.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon

depends on build somewhat. everyone gains weight as they get older tho.

just for comparison ben wallace who is an utter beast is 6'9" 240. ron artest is 6'7" 245.
              Basketball players are alot skinnier than we think they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

Basketball players are alot skinnier than we think they are.
                if by skinny u mean a general absence of body fat then I agree.

ben wallace's shoulders are like cannon balls tho.

Comment

Ben Wallace is bad ass

Comment

Yeah, he is a rail, but he's got good ball handling skills and quickness.

His biggest thing is strength. The last time we played was his junior year in high school, and though he had me by a foot, I was able to push him out of the way under the glass and in the post. I hope he's gotten stronger now.
                    But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
                    If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
                    He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
                    But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

1. Basketball players don't have football guts. When you see some NFL guy at 280+, a lot of it is fat.

2. He made the right choice. He can always go back to school later if the NBA doesn't work out for him. And he'll learn more playing in practice with an NBA team than with his college team. Plus there is the upfront money.

Comment

Working...
                      X