Any good text editors out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notepad is the best.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
      Pico sucks, nano sucks less, vi is pure unadulterated evil.

besides, pico is a blessing when sshing into a sshd over a modem.
      Who wants to do such a thing?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

i do, to transfer files across campus from my computer to wherever i happen to be working.

or, to transfer files between work and home, because it's a low-cost, free, and relatively speedy temp internet hard drive.
        B♭3

Comment

oh, perhaps i should say why i'm so adamant about abiword.

a friend of mine is on the development staff.
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

i do, to transfer files across campus from my computer to wherever i happen to be working.

or, to transfer files between work and home, because it's a low-cost, free, and relatively speedy temp internet hard drive.
            I meant using pico over ssh.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

ah. because on dialup, and in windows, emacs, vi, vim, and xemacs takes too long, while pico is small and simple.
              B♭3

Comment

I use OpenOffice for a word processor and math editor, and gvim as a text editor. The only complaint I have about OpenOffice is that it doesn't have a format painter.

SP
                I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Abiword is good, but its a word processor! It doesnt have the feel of a text editor, and worst of all its.... I can hardly bring myself to say it, its so evil..... its... i-i-intuitive

OpenOffice is good, but its so damn slow!!! Like I said, doing it in java is pure idiocy.

vi, nvi, elvis, vigor, vim, gvim etc is stupid
                  Last edited by Whaleboy; July 2, 2003, 12:52.
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                  X