No announcement yet.

Sid scores one for gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The underdogs is halfly legal site, but it's till unclosed due to their disclaimer.
    And all those classic games were available to download much earlier.
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

for Sid and Firaxis.

Most games on Underdogs are legal. Like, Colonization is now free and legal to download. Some other games aren't, though, still Underdogs allow downloads there. I won't be naming examples.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

too bad infogrames is still going to publish them.

oh, atari. pfft. i feel sorry for atari, their ancient name, once linked with an old awesome console is now going to be stained with pure evil...
        B♭3

Comment

Wake me up when Sid gets MOO

- "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Nice gesture
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Remember Folks... Apolyton does not support or condone illegal use of gaming software. And while some publishers have actually given permission for free down loads, many have not.

The next person that posts a link to a site that allows ANY illegal down loads will get restricted.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't realize colonization was available. I never played that game. I didn't have a computer back then.

I would like to find that game- can anyone help me out? PM please.

I found some on a google search, but I never know if I can trust those.

Comment

This has got to be one of the best things Firaxis has done. Sid feels for gamers and helps us fight the establishment.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Apologies Ming.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

yeah man, sorry, next time I'll hide the link behind a bold full stop

thumbs up for Sid again.

Comment

Cheeky sod.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

a very fine gesture on Sid's part. And a nice way to revive interest in Pirates to create buzz for the sequel. Now I wonder if this means there will be sequels to the others?
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Very nice. I play Pirates! and M.U.L.E. on the C64 emulator now and then. Still amazing games.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

M.U.L.E.! One of the best games ever!
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I really hope they don't try to make a sequel for CPU Bach.
                                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                                X