Sony must die!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murphy's law

whenever you call a technician to fix something, it starts working correctly when they get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      I fixed it.

I unplugged it, roared loudly at it and stomped, and went to dinner.

When I got home, I plugged it in to show my brother what was wrong with it, and the problem was gone. He called me a dumbass and hit me. :/
      Sounds like typical tech behaviour to me!

Any further words from me would just be speculative drivel, so I'll save you the hassle of reading them.
      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

He called me a dumbass and hit me.

good to hear it works
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          Murphy's law

whenever you call a technician to fix something, it starts working correctly when they get there.
          That's an interesting application of Murphy's Law.

But I am the technician, I'm the computer/tech/hometheatre guy. My brother just wanted to know what the hell I was talking about.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

usually I'm the technician as well. Whenver I get there, it works fine

but I'm suprised you don't know about degaussing. Look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              but I'm suprised you don't know about degaussing. Look into that.
              I know about degausing, and it was one of the first things I tried.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Hmm, actually that is a common solution (which is strange). Unplugging and re-plugging seems to work WAAAY more than it should .

Then again, I was also told that some high-end electronics now tend to shut down during high electrical storms (because of surges) to prevent being fried. Of course that could be all BS, but that's the only thing that makes sense to me of why that works.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So everything ended just fine (I mean, we even got to know your brother hit you and called you a dumbass).
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sony obviously quivered in fear from both my roaring at their TV, and my thread demanding they die...

Comment

Re: Sony must die!

Originally posted by Asher
                      In May 2001, we bought a new TV for the living room: a Sony WEGA XBR400 36". It cost us $3500CDN at the time.

It was HDTV capable, excellent picture quality, etc.

We thought it'd be good for many years, because Sony supposedly is of quite good quality for electronics.

Well, here we are now, June 29th, 2003, with an expensive, heavy (~250lbs) TV and a warranty that expired in May 2003.

And the display is ****ed. The top-left of the screen usually has an onscreen display thing that shows the current video mode (TV, DTV, DVD, etc) that's usually bright green in color. And now, it's blue but slowly fades into cyan near the bottom corner of the label.

I thought it may have just changed the setting somehow inadvertently, but I couldn't find any settings. And the menu itself on the TV looked different, I can't explain it really because I can't remember the old one, but the colors looked off.

So I tried booting up the Xbox to see if it was just the video connector on the digital cable box, but the Xbox also looked screwed up. The colors in the games were all noticably off, including some tie-die styled backgrounds that should be blueish...

Grrr!!

Are these things engineered to self-destruct after their warranty period?
                      Haha!
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

the only other possible reason was an alien spacecraft was hovering above or near your house. and then later moved away.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Hmm, actually that is a common solution (which is strange). Unplugging and re-plugging seems to work WAAAY more than it should .
                          Not really. Modern TV sets (same with newer computers - the front power switch is actually a "soft" one) don't actually switch off when you turn it off, it's just in standby mode, otherwise you can't turn it on with a remote control.

Now, when you unplug it, electronic components get a chance to really revert back to ground state.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I just got a HDTV and it aint sony

Now time to rock that Soul calibur in High definition goodness first thing I come back from an exam tomorrow.
                            :-p

Comment

It seems nobody cared enough to download the .WAV

Oh well, it was fun to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                                I just got a HDTV and it aint sony

Now time to rock that Soul calibur in High definition goodness first thing I come back from an exam tomorrow.
                                Soul Calibur doesn't support high definition, just 480p. Which is the same definition, just in progressive scan. It's widely known as DTV, while HDTV is 780p & 1080i.

Comment

Working...
                                X