What Do You Call Your Evening Meal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Cena.
      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

ch'un.nyuk
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Lovely.

The little term is pronounced Pon-see. It's an adjective (describer). The noun is ponce. A ponce is someone who scrounges things. Lots of words for this in Brit slang - 4 examples being Skanker, Scrounger, Sponge or Blagger (especially armed robbery for this, although quite old now).

So a ponce ponces things off his supposed friends. Poncey is often used as a general purpose insult word, and many people forget it's original meaning.

Poncey has come to mean things other what you have described, including effeminate or ostentatious/showy. And as insults go its very lighthearted.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I call it........evening meal (kvällsmat) altough some lunatics here in Sweden likes to call it "middag" = (middle of the day).

Yep, some strange people living up here in the north.....
            This is my principles! If you don't like them I have others!
            I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Chow, munch, or grub
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Ambro2000
                I call it........evening meal (kvällsmat) altough some lunatics here in Sweden likes to call it "middag" = (middle of the day).

Yep, some strange people living up here in the north.....
                I don't know. I always wonder why people in the North of anywhere are SO strange.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I dont call it anything, I dont want to personalize something I'm going to consume.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                  X