Cameroon player dies after semi-final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameroon player dies after semi-final

Cameroon football player Marc-Vivien Foe collapsed during the semi-final against Columbia in Confederation cup, which Cameroon won. His heart stopped, and after less than an hour, he died without getting conscious, after unsucesfull attempts of doctors to restart his heart.

Very sad .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Damn......

(Wow, ameroon and Colombia made it to the semi's.) who's the other semifinalist?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

France and Turkey, they're playing their semi right now. So it's Cameroon against either of those in the final. And I'd bet on Turkey.

Comment

Aw man. I remember watching him, he used to play for West Ham.

I've always loved the Cameroon side, they play the game the way it's meant to be played.

Only feebs vote.

Comment

He's also a player for Manchester United Reserves.

Bet drugs were involved in there, and of course will be hushed up a lot.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Bet drugs were involved in there, and of course will be hushed up a lot.

Do you HAVE to make these comments, Bods? You know, they get checked for drugs well enough, and this is a very, very faint chance. Show some respect...

Comment

A lot of people in football take drugs. Dropping down dead is a classic give away sign of abuse. Tests are inadequate too.

Another reason it will get hushed up, he is black.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

A lot of people take drugs after they stopped playing football. Take Maradona for example. And he didn't drop dead... he died afterwards. His heart stopped, which, to me, is a perfectly valid sign of it not being able to take the physical pressure.

Comment

"A lot of people take drugs after they stopped playing football. Take Maradona for example"

You are joking right...
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Poor man. We shouldn't be taking drugs into consideration until tests are done, but then that wouldn't diminish the tragedy of his death.

France vs. Cameroon will probably be the final...Turkey's losing 3-1 right now. Turkey will likely beat Colombia for 3rd place though.
                    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

I can't see what are you laughing at... OK, so Maradona did use some stuff while playing, but that was when he was already on the downside of his playing careet. And, if he hadn't used it, he would've played in 1994 World Cup...

Comment

"And, if he hadn't used it, he would've played in 1994 World Cup..."

He didn't?

Yep, drugs it is.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

The first Turkey Cameroon match was not that great. Nice to see Cameroon make it to the finals.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

marc vivien foe, as in the man city player??

very sad news
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

A great tragedy Much as I would like to think it was simply from stress and overwork, I do not wish to be naive. Cameroon are a great side, and have been for quite some time. The style is so distinctive and vibrant, it's hard not to be enthralled by it. A great loss for the sport, however it came about.
                              Smile
                              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                              X