Radical Jobs Benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radical Jobs Benefits

Taking my daughter to girl scout camp yesterday I listened to a PBS article about child soldiers in Africa. Some of the forces fighting in the Congo are composed of up to 50% children, ranging to as young as six years old. This includes the forces located in the area where the 2 UN observers were killed and eaten. Furthermore a number of these groups are supplying their young warriors with something to keep their fighting spirits up, marijuana. One group, the "Rally for Democracy in the Congo" even puts marijuana in the food on days when attacks are planned. Certainly this makes the assertion that Marijuana reduces agression questionable. It also makes one wonder whether the killers of the UN workers, who ate their victim's livers, may have been suffering from an attack of KILLER MUNCHIES !
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Oh bull****. I'll buy the child soldiers. I won't buy the marijuana induced frenzy. Cocaine, maybe.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And besides that, I'm disappointed.
      I thought you were going to inform on some new job benefits for the position of Radical.
      Maybe I'd change my political opinion a little then.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Oh bull****. I'll buy the child soldiers. I won't buy the marijuana induced frenzy. Cocaine, maybe.
        If they could afford cocaine they could afford grown up soldiers. Gunga's cheap and can be grown locally. The accusation of marijuana doping of the kiddie corps was made by a 14 year old ex-warrior who gave his personal accounting, in French, of his life in the militia. Besides, why would PBS put out a false negative report on the usage of marijuana? You and I both know that PBS only hires ex-hippies who can prove that they were at the original Woodstock.

Comment

And besides that, I'm disappointed.
          I thought you were going to inform on some new job benefits for the position of Radical.
          Maybe I'd change my political opinion a little then.
          How much more radical can you get than killing peacekeepers and eating their internal organs? Man, I don't want to be anywhere near your idea of radical. Perhaps you were thinking of peacekeepers killing child soldiers and eating their..........oh, I don't want to even think about it.

Comment

I just can't picture it. Really strange.
            What about lacing it? I bet that's it.
            Maybe not with coke, but something.

Comment

Yuh.......THC, that's what they're lacing the food with. These are kids remember, and they're not exactly from your neighborhood, so their idea of what constitutes a radical snack is a little different from yours, or as Fernando Llamas used to say: "You look marvelous, simply marvelous."

Comment

Reminds me somewhat of Khmer Rouge policy - give the troops as much weed and tobacco as they can smoke, but don't give them any food so they end up eating the enemy (each other, tree bark, etc).

Maybe this cannibalism isn't due to anything more than a food shortage.

Dr S, I hope you had a good time camping with your daughter.
                Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

The cannibalism is a tribal thing. It goes way back.

They give them dope (the Simbas did the same thing back in the glory days of Che and Mad Mike) to keep them from being afraid when fired on, and in the middle of the fight.

They're motivated to attack by their general regimen of "training" (i.e. what happens when you don't do what you're told) plus good doses of tribal hate, etc.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

MtG, I'd seen references to cannabalism in terms of bush Africa wars - but I don't recall it as being pan-African.

Maybe you could englighten me a bit as to the areas where it's more common?
                    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Er sloww - dope is a herb -you can put it in food.

*shakes head*
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

In Sierra Leone they kidnapped young boys and forced them to become soldiers by refusing to feed them, beat them, and other wise brainwash them until they fight. Then they'd tell the kids "You've commited attrocities so the government soldiers will kill you if they catch you; your only choice is to keep fighting with us".

The only drug I've heard of child soldiers being given was speed to keep them up and dependent upon their supplier/kidnapper.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          In Sierra Leone they kidnapped young boys and forced them to become soldiers by refusing to feed them, beat them, and other wise brainwash them until they fight. Then they'd tell the kids "You've commited attrocities so the government soldiers will kill you if they catch you; your only choice is to keep fighting with us".

The only drug I've heard of child soldiers being given was speed to keep them up and dependent upon their supplier/kidnapper.
                          Marijuana can be grown locally. Why would a drug lord sell perfectly good speed in a bottom barrel market like Africa when he can get decent money in America or Europe?

Comment

Two cannibals eat a clown. One turns to the other and says; "did that taste funny to you?"
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              Two cannibals eat a clown. One turns to the other and says; "did that taste funny to you?"
                              I don't get it? Are you saying that UN observers are clowns?

How about this: Two cannibals eat a UN observer. One turns to the other and says; "You know that didn't even taste like meat, what do you think that tasted like?" The other replies: "Some sort of vegetable, perhaps peas." The first one nods appreciatively: "Yes, that's it. I can visualise whirled peas."

Comment

Working...
                              X