No announcement yet.

How I Will Spend my Summer Vacation..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No for much longer!...apparently some European cities are experiencing people (mainly British lager louts ) noticing cheap beer, arriving in droves, ruining the vibe of the place, and then pissing off somewhere else leaving the place worse than when they arrived.. Prague is going this way, next will be Budapest, Bucharest, Zagreb etc...

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Switzerland.
      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Denmark. They'd like your political views there.
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I went to france for the extended weekend. my first visit. enjoyed it. I'm spening at least a month in spain later in the summer.
          Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Hmm... in your shoes I'd be interested to experience Eastern Europe. Maybe check out the Czechs and then take a train to Warsaw.

Mind you, if sun and a beach are what you are after, go south. If you want somewhere really cheap to go scuba diving, try Sinai in Egypt - no snakes or scorpions, I promise. Just be prepared to put on teatowel on your head if you hit the local markets (NOT a Union Jack one unless you want to be sold down the river).

Seriously Bods, I found Sinai very, very good, if WAY too hot away from the beach.
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I'd recommend Istanbul. Its very cheap by Train (although you may want to fly), and there are about a billion cheap hostels there. NB/ the cheap hotels in Istanbul are by the Blue Mosque and St-Sophia, for some arcane reason
              Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

I normally would advise you to visit Paris, because of its livelihood if you go to the right places, and because it's very near from london. However, I don't think you'd have the money to pay for the housing there. It's pretty expansive, unless you go to the cheap and badly connected hotels in the suburbs.

Besides, I wouldn't advise you to go to Brussels. The little time I've spent there led me to think it's viciously expansive. I was in the cheapest hotel in the city (all YMCAs were full) and yet it costs 50 € a night. But I was very frustrated when I had to pay 15 € for one toothbrush + one toothpaste
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I'd say go to Prague. It's cheap once you're there and the women are all good looking. As an added benifit the archetecture is interesting.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I hear you can get really cheap holidays to Kabul at the moment.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Or Basra... nice and sunny, and plenty of Brits about!

Comment

Apparently it's a seaside town like Southampton.

Although one Brit soldier did say, "there's no booze, no whores and people are shooting at us. It's more like Portsmouth."
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Having lived in Southampton, I'd have to say that the possibility of moving to Basra is rather appealing in comparison to going back to Soton.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Old joke... funny though.

Comment

Yep.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X