How I Will Spend my Summer Vacation..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Will Spend my Summer Vacation..

Last September I took a four day trip to Dublin just before term started. Now that I'm earning a bit more this summer (about £200 p/w) and not having too many outgoings, I suppose I can save for a short holiday again.

But I haven't got a clue where to go...any suggestions. Dublin's not bad but too expensive. I was thinking of taking a train across Europe to...somewhere..
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Go to Beijing, don't return

Comment

I'm thinking Brussels at the moment. How far is Bottcus?
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I wouldn't know, but I can't imagine Brussels has too many sheep, so all of your chances to get laid over summer would go down the crapper there. But then so does Beijing.

Comment

Prague and Budapest are both very nice and very cheap once you're there, but the flights out might cost a bit.

Getting to Paris is cheap. Have you been there before?
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Visit Cologne, it's supposed to be full of partying people, never been there though.

Comment

No..never been to Paris. Might not be too keen on the natives.

Actually since I've been to Brussels three times that might be a better suggestion. What's there for the lone 20 y/o traveller?
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                Visit Cologne, it's supposed to be full of partying people, never been there though.
                There are lots of good gay bars in Cologne.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

That one is definitely out then. That's probably because it is a media and art city, etc...
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I may go to Charleroi and re-live...
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Go for the option that suits the rest of Europe best - stay at home.

Comment

anticipated Bodd's reply: "ha ha little nazi boy"

...or visit your auntie in the US.

Comment

Too far. I want to by rail or road and see the countryside as I travel rather than a few clouds.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Take the train to Siberia. Pack only shorts and vests and drink lots of iced water.
                            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

you'd love prague, cheap beer, cheap whores, what more do you want
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X