No announcement yet.

Best Ending to a Novel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah.. I don't read too much either, especialyl not essays, yet I hang around at boards

to help me read more, post more constructive advise on my books thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Did they ban the word "are" where you live?
      Now we see the result of not reading. Rampant illiteracy!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Did they ban the word "are" where you live?
        In my part of this country, we live by the rule:

"If words can be shortened, they will be shortened"

Very likely. I'm also a little surprised that someone who doesn't like to read hangs around in message boards... one would think an AOL chat room would be more to his taste.
        Books = Stories
        And stories are best told visually...

...on message boards, you can always skip the boring parts , you can't do that in books, without missing the point of the story
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          Now we see the result of not reading. Rampant illiteracy!

...and just for your information:

I can write better english than most people, who doesn't speak english as natural language... though I hate that, I often adds/deletes words when talking/writing, to make it sound better (Though not in english class of course )

Comment

Re: Best Ending to a Novel!

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            I just finished reading Foundation and Empire by Issac Asimov and it had the most shocking and best ending I've read (of course someone will pop up saying he knew it midway through the book ).

Spoiler:
            WOW... Magnifico was the MULE?! That's so cool... and Bayta figured it out. I thought it was a great twist and amazingly done. I also thought it was very plausible why Bayta wouldn't have her mind 'bent'... the Mule actually liked having someone who truely liked him for himself. Just superb... and a great cliffhanger as well
            I also like a lot the end of Foundation and the Empire, but I like a lot more the end of some other Asimov books. He wrote some many funs books - I'm waiting for you to read the next one (The Second Foundation) and tell me about that book
            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

ADG, the fact is a large percentage of the people on this board do not have English as a native language (Echtelion, Stefu and the Finns*, etc...). And their english is way better than yours.

"Books = Stories
              And stories are best told visually..."

Simple stories with broad themes, yes.

Anyway, what's with posting in a thread where you can make no lasting contribution, and in fact, your only purpose for posting is... what? To proudly proclaim your hatred of books? If so, take it to a different thread.

*Band name!

Comment

ending to 1984. Dont have exact quote but something to the line of:

[spolier]
                but he didnt care. He loved big brother now. (BAM!)
                [/spolier]
                :-p

Comment

Ehhh, zero, you've wrote spolier instead of spoiler Fortunately enough, I'd read 1984
                  Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

The ending of Salmon of Doubt is the most moving ever.

It doesn't exist.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

And stories are best told visually...

Not even close. The best stories are those you read, because you can imagine the setting and read the thoughts of the major characters (which in plenty of stories are more interesting than the dialogue)
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"Or the end of "Heart of Darkness". I always liked that."

A typical answer from an amateur intellectual. I prefer from Conrad's works "Youth".
                        My favorite ending to any novel has always been "The Club Dumas".
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

ADG, the fact is a large percentage of the people on this board do not have English as a native language (Echtelion, Stefu and the Finns*, etc...). And their english is way better than yours.
                          From what I've read on this board, that's not a large percentage, it's only a "few" (Compared to how many people are actually posting here)

Anyway, what's with posting in a thread where you can make no lasting contribution, and in fact, your only purpose for posting is... what? To proudly proclaim your hatred of books? If so, take it to a different thread.
                          I just posted my oppinion in one post... if you didn't want to hear more about it, you shouldn't have quoted me. I almost always reply, if someone quotes me...

But if that's your wish, I'll stop posting in this thread... I'll even "kill" this thread from subscribed threads, so I wont read this thread again...

Comment

I wrote the best ending to a story: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...019#post694784
                            What?

Comment

Working...
                            X