Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon after release will you get the new Harry Potter book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How soon after release will you get the new Harry Potter book?

I'm getting it at 8 the morning after.

I have to admit, despite the general dorkiness that goes with it, I'm really psyched.
    Within an hour after release
    9.09%
    Within 12 hours
    13.64%
    Within a few days
    2.27%
    A few months
    2.27%
    Eventually
    11.36%
    I shall never buy Harry Potter books, not even at gunpoint. :doitnow:
    61.36%
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

I'm pretty young, and hit the Harry potter fad with full force, read all the previous book, and liked them. Now its been a few years, and I seem to be more interested in getting my drivers licence opposed to Harry potter, but i'm almost positive I'll be reading the book within a month of its release
    If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

If all goes well, inside of 10 years.

SP
      I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

I've already got it.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

harry potter is gay

Comment

Surely JW isn't too lazy to vote even on his own poll?
            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

How 'bout never? Is never good for you?
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Amazon should be delivering it tomorrow to me and about 10 million other people in this country. Hopefully mine is near the top of the pile.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I'd rather sit in a tree and eat bananas all day.

BTW, where's the banana option?
                  The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Let's assume that the gun refered to in the last option is actually a banana in someone's pocket.
                    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Probably pick it up sometime on Saturday or Sunday.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

When I get Kids. But that wont happen this Decade I assume.
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

On preorder from amazon
                          http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Just overheard in the break room over coffee:

Person A: "I can't wait to start reading the new Harry Potter book this weekend! Have you read any of the books?"

Person B: *with an expression as if they've just stepped in dog faeces* "Harry Potter? But isn't that a children's book? (said as if 'children' was synonymous with 'cockroach')

@ pretentious snobs.

(note: people like this are not pretentious snobs simply because they dislike Harry Potter, it's a free country after all, but because they automatically consider it to be beneath them - often without having read a single page.)

/edit: What's with all the typos? God I'm tired this morning...
                            Last edited by FrustratedPoet; June 20, 2003, 06:12.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

All the anti-Potter snobs I know changed their tune when they actually read the books.

Everyone who likes Potter should read Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials Trilogy. The last book of the trilogy won the Whitbread prize (overall prize, not just the children's prize). It's got the same sense of excitement as Potter but it's more original and epic, better written.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X