No announcement yet.

Waking with Cavemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, no people ever actually lived in caves. Sometimes they'd hide there from a thunderstorm (and make their funny drawings), but actually living there was never possible, due to cold, humidity and beasts living there.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Waking with Cavemen

Originally posted by MrFun

No, it's not a matter of offense -- it's just a fact -- the word cavemen is inaccruate, isn't it?

You call an orange an orange, because it's an orange -- you don't call it an apple, right?
      I call it a fruit

Comment

I would like to apologize to everyone for Boris becoming offended by the assumption that he thought I was offended by the word cavemen.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Waking with Cavemen

Originally posted by reds4ever

We're really in trouble now it's the 'space age'
          Ack! *holds breath*
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Waking with Cavemen

Originally posted by reds4ever
            I call it a fruit
            Then MrFun would become confused that you are referring to him.

(Only I get to make that joke, folks! )
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I liked the show, but why did they show Homo ergaster, Homo erectus, and Homo hiedelbergensis with light skin, they lived in the tropics, so they should of had DARK skin.

The thing that made us first stand bipedally was the drying of East Africa 4,000,000 years ago. Our large brains were a reslt of the Plistocene Glaciation, most of the new species originated during a glacial episode.

Comment

Didn't realize that my thought that the word "cavemen" being scientifically inaccurate would offend people.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                  I would like to apologize to everyone for Boris becoming offended by the assumption that he thought I was offended by the word cavemen.

If you complain about something using words like "I am trying to get over...," that indicates you are offended. Whether it be for PC reasons or historical reasons, it is still expressing offense.

You'll note I never expressed any offense, just made fun of your own hypersensitivity. Ta!
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm not offended. Just being a smartarse.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                      I liked the show, but why did they show Homo ergaster, Homo erectus, and Homo hiedelbergensis with light skin, they lived in the tropics, so they should of had DARK skin.
                      With most of these documentaries there seems to be a certain point when our lineage turned 'white' during a commercial break?

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

If you complain about something using words like "I am trying to get over...," that indicates you are offended. Whether it be for PC reasons or historical reasons, it is still expressing offense.

You'll note I never expressed any offense, just made fun of your own hypersensitivity. Ta!
                        It irked me that people would use something that is scientifically inaccurate -- that is all.

Comment

@MrFun...so you would have called it?

Comment

Generally, being irked by something is being offended, albeit mildly.

Victory is mine!
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Anyway, before Boris pooped on this thread to ruin the fun, anyone have any insight to the questions I asked?

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                                Generally, being irked by something is being offended, albeit mildly.

Victory is mine!
                                I guess -- why use a scientifically inaccurate term?

Comment

Working...
                                X