Waking with Cavemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waking with Cavemen

I'm trying to get over the fact that they titled this otherwise great, insightful documentary shown on the Discovery Channel using the word "cavemen."

Anyway, I do have an interest in prehistory of humans and I really enjoyed this documentary.

But I have a question -- how is it that human species evolved so rapidly in a mere 5 million years?

Is it that the more intelligent or sentient a species is, the more rapidly their biological evolution will be?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Ice ages.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Waking with cavemen: a homoerotic adventure into the past
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        Ice ages.
        Since you know everything about everything, can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          Waking with cavemen: a homoerotic adventure into the past

I would like Ming or MTG to change the thread title.

Comment

Either that or Divine Intervention.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

My guess is "Caveman' sells better than 'Walking with Neolithic Nomads'?

your last two questions are the subject of hundreds of books....;O)

Comment

Re: Waking with Cavemen

Originally posted by MrFun
                I'm trying to get over the fact that they titled this otherwise great, insightful documentary shown on the Discovery Channel using the word "cavemen."
                Now this is really taking political correctness too far.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Re: Waking with Cavemen

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Now this is really taking political correctness too far.
                  Are you saying that all prehistoric human species lived exclusively in caves?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Waking with Cavemen

Do you really think that's what I was saying?

Are there any around to be offended or upset by the terminology?
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Waking with Cavemen

Are there any around to be offended or upset by the terminology?
                      No, it's not a matter of offense -- it's just a fact -- the word cavemen is inaccruate, isn't it?

You call an orange an orange, because it's an orange -- you don't call it an apple, right?

Comment

Ice ages

According to the likewise titled movie, men used to be exceeded by mammoths and sabertooths...

Comment

Are white people really white, or black people really black?

"Cavemen" is commonly used terminology, and everyone will know you are referring to prehistoric people. What's the problem?
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Waking with Cavemen

We're really in trouble now it's the 'space age'

Comment

Are white people really white, or black people really black?

"Cavemen" is commonly used terminology, and everyone will know you are referring to prehistoric people. What's the problem?
                              As long as people obtain accurate theories of the various prehistoric human species, there is no problem I guess, with the term caveman.

I didn't have a problem because it is offensive, I thought it was inaccurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X