X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persephone>>Trinity.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

I think Persephone is nicer than Trinity...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
        It sure is pretty damn stylish, though. I want some of Morpheus' sunglasses.
        Enjoy!

Dang it, that link is supposed to take you to the $240 pair of Morpheus glasses. I myself will settle for a $25 pair of Agent Smiths.
        Last edited by chequita guevara; June 20, 2003, 17:28.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"Neo Resin Bust"

urgh.NSFW

Comment

couple of quick questions (besides my trinity one )

1: if they had to use humans, for energy couldn't they just make all the humans brain dead by when they are first "born" and put into the matrix, like starv them of all oxygen for a couple min or hit them over the head with something really hard to get them brain dead but still alive?!?!?!?!?!?

2: If they really wanted to, isn't the middle of the earth lava or something else really really hot??? Why couldn't they just that for energy, i'm sure they could figure out a way..!
            If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

Or they could use fusion power.

But we seemed to have a theory going, that it's not Energy that the machines need, but creativity.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yes azazel something like that, although unexplained as such in the movie would make more sense....
                I did go past the energy thing while viewing the movie myself, but its jsut that so many ppl had described the whole idea as brilliant that I was very disappointed...
                Of course most ppl dont really think about it that well.
                And to respond to someone, if I remember correctly, I think if you look in terms of force exerced to move a body, the human body is INFERIOR to an internal combustion engine... although I would like to be quoted on that one. I thought a car was about 25% compared to maybe 10-15% for a human body (in terms of miving itlsef for example)

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but here is a post I found on another message board which I think is probably the best explanation of what happened Reloaded I have seen so far.

Here we go.

The architect, when making his first Matrix, the perfect one, realised that there would be too many who would reject it. People like Neo and Morpheus. Ergo, he with the assistance of the Oracle, created the newer incarnation of the Matrix with intentional flaws.

Zion is part of the Matrix. The movie hammers in the illusion of choice - you know what the choice is, but you must understand it. That is the flaw of humans. They believe they have a choice but they really don't. When the new Matrix was created, Zion was created for the 1% who rejected the program.

Neo realised this, and that's how he stopped the Sentinels from attacking. They're all still part of the program whether they like it or not. The human psyche just didn't comprehend this, not yet.

Neo, and all the "The Ones", from what I believe, helps restart the Matrix anew based on his experiences. Hence the part where the Architect says that he redesigned the Matrix accordingly.

Here's a really good explanation I've seen from someone on the SA forums:

"Ok, so what I gathered about the whole Colonel Sanders scene was that, like what Morpheus said, he had to rebuild the matrix several times due to people not wanting to accept it. Then the oracle came to realize that if they gave these people an option to choose wether their fake world wasn't real or not, even though it wasn't a real choice to begin with. Things would remain in a balance. The only problem with the solution was that every so often, there is always a possible chance that things would not go accordingly and a person would choose to NOT accept their artifical world and one of those people would be a special mistake (Neo and his predecessors)

As time went on, it would snowball into an ever increasing problem of the same mistake happening and those people trying to rescue others of their kind. Like Morpheus said, they freed more minds in the last six months than in the last six years. Once things got out of hand, they were forced to destroy the city of Zion, and restart a new.

Like Colonel sanders said, they destroyed Zion 6 times already, and they've gotten very efficient at doing it. So it must mean that they just accept the entire event as an un-avoidable flaw."
                  http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's kind of what I'm thinking, too. I'm dying to see revolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      I think Persephone is nicer than Trinity...
                      Definitely.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Monica Bellucci is also in Brotherhood of the Wolf and I belive you can see her humping some guy. I can't remember if you get gratuitous nudity or not but the movie's pretty good so it's worth a look see.

Comment

The second view of monkspiders is what I consider to be the point...however if The One isn't removed, the complete and utter rejection of the matrix will lead to complete system failure...and he has to stop the sentinels...I don't believe there are two matrices here...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch

Definitely.
                            Yeah, I think Trinity can look a bit 'mannish' at times, whereas Persephone...well, she can reboot my matrix any day
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                            X