Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dp (yes, a very long one, don't ask )
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
      and yes, I despise the choice of name for humanity's stronghold.
      Isn't it something to do with the fact that the humans are hoping one day to return to their origional homeland on the surface?

I thought it was a pretty good name

Comment

The surface has been blacked out anyway...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

I suppose you would prefer Fatherland or would Reich be better.

Reloaded did suck a little though. Without the special effects, it wasn't much of a movie.
          Change Reloaded to "The Matrix" and you would still be right.

I don't care how good a movie looks, if the story and acting suck, then the movie is gonna suck.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
            Oh no, you're wrong, the story was mindboggling.

Who cares? I had my jaw on the floor for a couple of minutes during some of the fight scenes. I don't care about the story.

I couldnt stand the fight cheoreography but the special effects were amazing.
            :-p

Comment

Am I the only one who actually thought Reloaded was superior to the original?
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I loved it but it's a transition movie. Not as much explaining as the first, not as much conclusion at the final. I still saw it five times, though.

Comment

I think the third will be absolutely great (or or complete crap, but hey im optimistic).

I think they could have gone more into the history of the Matrix, but again, that would be good fodder for the finale.

When will that be released btw?
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

In a couple of months.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I agree with ya MonkSpider, I thought the second was better than the first.

My only gripe so far with any of the Matrix's (haven't seen Animatrix (sp?) ) is if they are gonna have a love affair with the character Trinity couldn't they have found a hotter/sexier actress to play Trinity that (insert actress's name here) whats-her-face.
                      If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

Trinity is really pretty cute in a down to earth way, not everyone should look like Persephone.
                        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

The whole Matrix/Animatrix story is flawed at a very basic level. First: there is no way human bodies are the most effective energy source. And second: how are the humans getting their energy and why aren't the machines using the same means. Thus saving themselves the effort of building and maintaining matrices and fighting rebels.

Other than that the special FX are nice.
                          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Yes
                            When I saw the first and Morpheus makes his well-know speech about how humans are not reduced to THIS (and takes out a small battery) I was so appaled...Evere one at told me about the great plot...
                            To someone who knows a bit about physics or biology, it is well-known 1.The human body is very poor in terms of efficiency, ranking something like 10%
                            2.They probably could get more energy-wise by burning whatever they feed the bodies than whatever the body produces...
                            Of course the premise still works, you just have to find another reason why they would have to keep all the bodies around and build a Matrix....

Comment

I think you just have to look past that one LulThyme...besides the human body is extremely efficient compared to an internal combustion engine, but on the other hand, we obtain all our energy indirectly from sunlight (photosynthesis -> ruminant mammals -> yummy steak -> us) so if the planet is blacked out then there would be nothing to feed us But don't get too caught up in things like that, remember, it is only fiction after all
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

yknow what I would do, I would nuke the most populated areas in the matrix, effectively killing 50%+ of the machines power.

Then just keep going from there
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X