The Logic of Airport Searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    alva: hell yeah! I'd apply to be a searcher as well...
    You can handle the inbound Florida charter flights.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's so annoying not being able to bring a nail cutter on a business trip. You can do much more harm with a 1 litre whiskey bottle from the tax-free shop.

However, the moment of surprise is gone forever. No one will ever be able to control a whole airplane with a few knives again. People will do anything to stop them. Airport security is looking for the wrong things.
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

airport security? it's a joke. half of the things they're doing are what other nations have been doing for years; the other half, well, it's there only for peace of mind.

to quote lewis black:
        ...they randomly pick someone for a search, and i get picked a fair amount. it doesn't bother me at all, 'cause they say it's a lottery--and i never win a lottery. so when it happens, i go 'Woohoo! I won, suckers!'
        B♭3

Comment

Airport security is there to make the passengers feel safe. The real effort is going on trying to stop attacks through gathering and interpreting intelligence information.

I don't fly. The damn things fall out of the sky from time to time anyway without someone trying to blow them up.

Blowing up the Hoover Dam is an interesting idea but a truckload of explosives on top is no good. It would have to be done like the WW2 dambusters raids. Fill a van with explosives. Fit it with a timer or better still a pressure sensitive fuse and drive it off the reservoir side of the dam and it will sink. The water pressure focuses the blast against the dam and the weight of water does the rest.
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
          X