Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seen the Futuristic Submarine named Goliath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monolith94
    "Steve Alten?s high-tech thriller, GOLIATH, is about a futuristic nuclear stealth submarine larger than the length of a football field, the shape of a stingray and virtually undetectable."
    Someone should let Mr. Alten know that a football field is 900 feet long. His little sub is only 610 feet long.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I thought a football field was 360 feet if you counted the endzones or goal to goal if you meant soccer(football). Isn't it 120 yards?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
        I thought a football field was 360 feet if you counted the endzones or goal to goal if you meant soccer(football). Isn't it 120 yards?
        This is what I get for being a liberal arts major. I knew they were 100 yards, I knew it was 3 feet in a yard, and yet here I come up with 900 feet. And I wonder why my checkbook never seems to balance.

btw, don't we have subs now longer than 610 feet?
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Current boomers are pretty damn long as it is.

That sub is a complete fantasy. Rays and skates, by and large, are bottom critters (manat rays being the exception). While they are highly manuevarable, a ray shaped sub would not be, as it would lack the ray's elastic body. There is a reason why most man-made things that move through the water are shaped like sharks and whales.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

wow, this sounds worse than seaquest dsv...
            B♭3

Comment

Working...
            X