Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seen the Futuristic Submarine named Goliath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen the Futuristic Submarine named Goliath?

- for picture

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/6/prweb67290.php - for news on it

what do you think?
    be free

Stingray!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"Steve Alten?s high-tech thriller, GOLIATH, is about a futuristic nuclear stealth submarine larger than the length of a football field, the shape of a stingray and virtually undetectable."

It's not actually being made, so I don't really care. The guy looks like a hack.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

I think it is a stupid idea for a book.
        Donate to the American Red Cross.
        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by monolith94
          It's not actually being made, so I don't really care. [QUOTE]

Ditto.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

It's a stupid idea for a sub, period.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

That thing has to make a racket when it's underwater.
              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

STUPID

Comment

why the hell does it need such big wings?!

....aaaah, to make it look like a stingray....

Comment

Lets take a stealth bomber and add a tail!
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Alten has obviously played CTP2 too many times and thinks he can build a Kraken for real.
                      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I don't think it's a stupid idea at all. Unconventional, yes.

I don't see much future building full sizes subs like that - but given the maneuver ability of rays and mantas, I can see potential for small unmanned subs like that in exploration and salvage.
                        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I'll take it down with my trusty slingshot!

Well in Civ I could.
                          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Forget the picture, it's the book that sounds stupid.
                            Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

The books sounds even more stupid.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X