Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have superpowers, would you do good or become evil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be neutral. Use my powers for the good of myself and those close to me, but not at the expense of others. Too much.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It's fun to be evil. But that personal gain stuff is tempting.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

i would use them solely for personal gain.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I'll take over the world and manage it like in Civ.

There will be many evil actions, but the result will be good.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Eli, would you impose ICS?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

must not look at woman with my xray vision.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                Eli, would you impose ICS?
                My plans are top secret.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

~WEG~ Probably closer to neutral. I would want telekenisis, which would make me very dangerous on the road! ~EG~ Road Rage to the extreme!
                  "Close only counts in horseshoes & Fireball Spells!!!" From "Tangled Webs

Comment

I voted to do evil.

Reason 1. It's more fun!

Reason 2. It will inspire people to do something about it rather than sit back knowing someone else is doing good. So, paradoxically, more good would come of me doing evil.
                    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Money, Girls, and world peace.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Become evil?
                        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

If I had superman like powers, i.e. near omnipotence, I would start out just doing it to get what I wanted. But I know that eventually, if someone angered me, I'd forget why I should resist the urge to crush their skull in my hands. It would pretty much go downhill from there.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

i'd probably end up trying for good, fail miserably, then proceed to rain hellfire down on my enemies, plagues, hoping to destroy mankind. i would then leave, thinking man is dead.

kinda like god.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I'd satisfy all my personal needs in an "evil" fashion (e.g. raid banks to make myself rich), then do "good" against the world's nasty dictators and suchlike. How much "good" can I do anyhow if I need to hold down a regular job?

Probably best if I get two costumes, and I'll have to be very careful not to get them mixed up.

Comment

i saw hollowman. that would so be me.

that hot b1tch across the street thats always teasing me with her hotness? BAH! inviso-rape her!
                                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                                X