Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use your private computer to produce WMD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use your private computer to produce WMD?

...asks Dell.de private customers who order a computer there

See the pic, translated "Are these products used in connection with weapons of mass destruction, e.g. in nuclear ranges of application, in the rocket technology or for chemical or biological weapons?"

WTF?

Why do they ask that? Especially when they have different areas for private and business customers?
    Attached Files
    Blah

Maybe this down to German constitution?

As I understand it, a private company can be prosecuted if it's products are knowingly used for illegal purposes.

So you can understand them asking.
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I have The Terrorist Handbook on my comp (IIRC). Does it qualify ?
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well that is why I build my own computer... I use this computer for games, word processing, surfing the net, controlling nuclear missile silos amongst other things..
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Cruddy :

I think it has to do with US law (on which Dell depends, even in Germany). IIRC, I had to answer the same question when I bought my Dell in France.

Besides, the Yanks just love to ask this kind of questions : ever filled the immigration papers when going there ?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
            Maybe this down to German constitution?

As I understand it, a private company can be prosecuted if it's products are knowingly used for illegal purposes.

So you can understand them asking.
            Yeah must be something likes this. Still funny, I can´t wait to see Osama admitting that he´s ordering Dell products to plan evil acts

*applies rocket engines on his computer*
            Blah

Comment

I use my computer in order to breed toxic, gluttonous aliens. does that count as YES?
              justice is might

Comment

Are those terrorist aliens or just freedom fighters?
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                  Well that is why I build my own computer... I use this computer for games, word processing, surfing the net, controlling nuclear missile silos amongst other things..
                  they have computers in south america?

on a more serious note: are there any nuclear powers in south america?
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX

No - Dell stopped them
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                      Are those terrorist aliens or just freedom fighters?
                      none of it. I feed my plants with them.
                      Last edited by oedo; June 13, 2003, 15:35.
                      justice is might

Comment

Yes. I'm doing a favor for my buddy Saddam until he completes the anti-Imperialist revolution.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

BTW, this is proof we don´t need wars to deal with terrorism. Just make sure they all have to sign something that says they cannot use stuff to produce weapons
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Cruddy :

... ever filled the immigration papers when going there ?
                            Never contemplated going. Very unlikely they'd let me through immigration without a massive database crash.
                            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX

they have computers in south america?

To the first question.. not nearly enough.

The second question definitely.. Argentina and Brazil are the two big powers. Did you know Argentina sold a nuclear reactor to Australia I think it was? And that was recently. Argentina has one MRBM left in its stockpile from the 80s.. and several more in storage. Nearly 10% of power is generated by Nuclear power plants in Argentina. In Brazil the program is still small and there is one nuclear power plant if I am not mistaken.. generates 1% of the power produced.
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                              X