Peace process over: Bush folds like expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elijah
    I think we British should sort it out, we have experience with the analogous Northern Ireland situation, and perhaps a little more dexterity than the Americans.
    One, this whole mess is your fault in the first place. If you bastards hadn't carved up the Middle East, if you bastards hadn't promised European Jewry someone else's land, if you bastards hadn't picked al-Hussein as mufti of Jerusalem to try and buy off his family, if you bastards hadn't abandoned the Palestinians to their fates the world wouldn't be in this mess now!!!!!!!

Two, it was the American Mitchell plan that brought peace to Northern Ireland. So shove it up your Brit arses.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Although that's not excatly what I'm saying is it Fez. I'm saying that you just cant start your own utopia in basis of being the master race/religion. I have always regarded jews as a people that have exeptional potent in science and philosophy. Therefore I find it very odd and stupid that they havent been able to come up with more sophisticated nation as it is. Whats with the militarization? Is this all that jewish people can come up with, not to mention considering themselves as the master-race above arab-palestinians. Most of all, I blame not the sephardite, but american and russian emigrants such as Sharon, son of stalin. Because thats where the ignorance and the attitude of not respecting minorities comes from, in other words power politics. Democratic centralism, whatever you wish.
      Last edited by laurentius; June 13, 2003, 17:02.
      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius . Most of all, I blame not the sephardite, but american and russian emigrants such as Sharon, son of stalin.

Sharon was born in the middle east.

"I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Well, most of his supporters are old stalinists, so who cares. Stalin wasnt russian either you know, he was born in georgia.

Ps. His parents were russian, no? Thats here he got his attitude.
          Last edited by laurentius; June 13, 2003, 17:06.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Children's Song (Hebrew):
            Red eleinu aviron
            Kach otanu la marom
            Nitofef al rosh eitzim
            Veh niyeh ke tziporim.

Children's Song (Translation):
            Airplane, come get us
            Take us up to the sky
            We will fly above the trees
            And be like the birds.

Parody (Hebrew):
            Red eleinu aviron
            Kach otanu le Levanon
            Nilachem bishvil Sharon
            Venachzor betoch aron.

Parody (Translation):
            Airplane, come get us
            Take us to Lebanon
            We will fight for (Ariel) Sharon
            And return in a coffin.

Just change levanon/Lebanon to gaza and west bank..

- Paul Valery

Comment

Its none of our problem. Maybe after enough blood has been spilled, they will come to their senses, but if they don't, its their own fault. Neither side wants peace and as long as the people believe that violence is worth more then peace, then violence will continue. A peace treaty will not work as long as the people do not whole heartedly believe in it.
              The US should also stop giving arms and money to Israel. They are fully capable of defending themselves.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

It's our problem because we give money and arms o Israel. Every bullet made in the US, that comes from a gun made in the US, that's mounted on a tank made in the US that kills a Palestinian kids recruits another member to al-Qaeda.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Thus, the parking lot solution. Let 'em meet up after school, slug it out (clubs only....no technological superiority), winner take all.

One glorious afternoon of the bloodshed everybody's so fond of, and then it's decided.

-=Vel=-
                  The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Yeah, that one only took you guys 800 years to solve
                    About 30 IIRC, which is less time than the Israel/Palestine situation.

In any case t!t for tat is simply not working, I see no progress since Sharon started this whole sorry debacle over 2 years ago.
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
                      About 30 IIRC, which is less time than the Israel/Palestine situation.
                      Yeah, but you didn't solve it. We Americans solved it for you. Mitchell Plan!!!!

Comment

Abbas needs to start showing an iron fist
                        Im sure he would if he had any security forces to speak of after being bombed by the Israelis. Its like asking a man to run a marathon after you amputated his legs!

I have always said that both sides are equally at fault for the current mess.
                        In terms of "you kill us, we kill you", you are correct, and I want someone to take the high ground and start thinking, and say "no", next time the military plans an attack. Israel, being the "democracy", the nationstate, the richer nation, should be the mature party imo, while Palestinians are too disparate to be represented, its up to Israel. Also, in terms of who, historically, kicked this off, I'm afraid I must bite the bullet and say Israel.

With regards to your previous post, I can only speak for myself, but when Bush/Blair/Sharon etc start doing things that I approve of, and believe to be more productive, long sighted, I will state my approval and respect them for it. Thus far, they havent done so, thus I shall judge accordingly. That does not mean I am biased, or somehow, irrationally, hate Bush & co. For example, if it were not for this violence, I would be praising Bush for the peace plan, if it was working, especially after going to war on an Arab state.
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Yeah, but you didn't solve it. We Americans solved it for you. Mitchell Plan!!!!
                          Yeah, ok, you got me there . However, he was perhaps the proverbial grease to the wheels. I have no doubt the good friday agreement would have happened nonetheless, just not on Good Friday 1998! Besides, the progress since, including the preliminary moves to disarmament by the IRA has been down to the cooperation between the British and Irish governments, and (most of to a degree) the political parties in Ulster.

Comment

It's our problem because we give money and arms o Israel. Every bullet made in the US, that comes from a gun made in the US, that's mounted on a tank made in the US that kills a Palestinian kids recruits another member to al-Qaeda.
                            Which is exactly why I said

The US should also stop giving arms and money to Israel. They are fully capable of defending themselves.
                            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I think when/if there is a viable Palestinian state, the US should switch funding to that state, reduce Israels and increase New Palestines, or at least give them equal funding.

Comment

Working...
                              X