No announcement yet.

Is the muslim civilian population really "innocent"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. We can't judge one culture by the standards of our own.
    2. If the "silent majority" continues to be silent then they are perpetuating the problem.

Its amazing how little they seem to care about having their culture and religion hijacked. Until they stand up for themselves, their culture and religion will continue to be seen in a negative way. Their future is there for the taking if they dare.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I don't think the muslim population is all innocent, or as peace-loving and scared as some would present them.

Many of them do feel a part of a muslim nation, and do want to defeat the west. If not to destroy it, at least to stop being defeated by it each and everytime.

Many of them do support terrorism and do think it's a good idea and do not make the same distinction between those who think up actions (govt.) who performs it (soldiers) and who supports or disaproves of it (innocent civilians).

In their eyes, if you really don't support your govt. you'd change sides to their side, convert and begin to actively fight your govt. giving them the winning edge.

The population is also under constant media encitement. The media is racist, lying, fabricating stories and so on. Forget claims about NYT or CNN fabricating stories. Forget commie claims about media control by US govt. What happens in Saudia or Iran or Syria is far far worse.

What some hot heads may deduce from my post is that I agree to targetting civilians. Well I don't. But I don't think they are as blameless as you might want to see them.

For some reason, many lefties think of the arab population to be somewhat like the western population of people who are too lame ass to vote or make a difference.

Well that, folkes is racism. The arab population is just as capable at raising heroes, leaders and revolutionaries. But the fact is, that the heroes and leaders that grow there, are usually racist, terrorist and fundamentalist.

Just because they don't prescribe to the western philosophy of revolutionaries and leaders, doesn't mean they aren't such.

The same was often said about the russian population of the soviet union. That they are either too lame or too scared or anything.

But the fact is, that it is untrue. The USSR population did believe in communism and in it's leaders and in their propoganda. They believed and followed whole heartedly and hated the west.

But ever since the 50s, the population of disillisioned began to grow more and more. There were human rights activists and pacifists, who not only weren't afraid to take a stand against the govt., but also took action against it, unlike many pretense muslim 'humanists' who speak alot to please the western ears, but do nothing.

And during the 70s and 80s the amount of people who were disilusioned grew to a large enough number that they eventually caused reform (Gorbachov) and later a revolution (Yeltzin).

Gorbachov and Yeltzin weren't exactly big demcrats or public doers. They merely sensed the public and knew that the public is against them, and that they have to ride the public opinion, to have a chance at staying in power.

During the 80s the soviet public had a critical mass of people who resisted their government's policy and politics and they changed that.

The muslim public, by large still believes in the ideals that are sold to them by bin laden.

Recent polls in the muslim world show that Bin Laden, and Yassir Arafat and Saddam Hussein are the most populat and are hugely popular. They have no emotional squabbles supporting murderors of innocent people, who abuse their own people.

The muslim culture, has sadly yet to grow up.

Comment

That most certainly is in question!!!
        Talk to a sample of Muslims from across the world, in first, second and third world nations. You will find greater than 95% of them resentful over Gulf War II, many (albeit a minority in the Western world) that do not condemn 9/11, many (especially in the third world... those that have suffered most) that condone 9/11 and a significant, but relatively small minority that hate America and the West.
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Well, one can make the argument that no one is innocent. Is the average European/American citizen innocent if he continues to buy cheaper cloth though he knows that often people in slave-like conditions are exploited to produce tham and make them cheap?
          Humans are never innocent, thus muslim civilians aren't. Islam is no peaceful religion either, that's for sure.

But making tmuslim civilians (all over the muslim world) be guilty of collaborating with terrorists because there aren't huge protests against them on the street seems pretty ridiculous as the vast majority muslims DO NOT think the attacks are justified, they just often tend to think that at least it wasn't the wrong nation that was hit...
          It's always extremely dangerous to view a whole population as guilty. This means completely disregarding and not trying to understand the other, things are never that simple and civ. Just take the muslim terrorists themselves: Although Islam explicitely forbids innocent civilians to be killed in a war against the non-believers, they justified their attacks with the argument that American civilians contribute to the American politics of aggression.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

as rascist as i am, even i do not believe all muslims are terrorists, et al.

i say, we send in a lot of forces in hiding to arab cities, and have someone tell the populous that the american government has collapsed, that a terrorist has taken out the white house.

all arabs who leave their house to celebrate would be shot.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Just swayed to 11/12 - Voted No

I'm going to do an Essay, there is probably a Majority of Innocent Muslim's but this 'tiny minority' that people like to go on about is less tiny than they would like to beleive. People who i have before considered 'normal' suddenly surfaced a fanatical side when to come to the War in Iraq and actually voiced support for people such as Saddam.

Very few are active terrorists, but quite a few are supporting thier murderous few.
              Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                The muslim culture, has sadly yet to grow up.
                Cultural maturity is a problem many nations have and the disparity in maturity may be a root cause in much of the conflict in the world.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Worthingtons
                  I'm going to do an Essay, there is probably a Majority of Innocent Muslim's but this 'tiny minority' that people like to go on about is less tiny than they would like to beleive. People who i have before considered 'normal' suddenly surfaced a fanatical side when to come to the War in Iraq and actually voiced support for people such as Saddam.
                  Yes, Arabs are marching towards more and more radicalism. In the case of your Arab avquaintances, I think it has to do with the reason exposed by Siro : Arabs want to see the humiliating West vainquished by the Arab nation. It's a das yet ordinary feeling of revenge (our WW1 and 2 were more or less based on this feelinf)
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                  X