Is the muslim civilian population really "innocent"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the muslim civilian population really "innocent"

Note: I don't actually believe this, I'm just posing this question for discussion amongst the posters.

I've seen the usual arguments that terrorists only represent a small portion of the population, and that most people are just regular working people trying to make a living.

If that is the case, why don't they stand up for what is right? Why do they allow terrorists, militants, and extremists to hijack their religion to justify genocide and murder? They should be on local media denouncing terrorists activities. They should make it well known that they do not support terrorism.

There have been reports of widespread terrorist funding by the civlilian population in muslim countries and muslims in other nations such as the U.S. Their entire religion was initially spread through warfare. Without warfare they would have no religion. They are encouraged to spread their religion through any means including warfare.

discuss

As for my opinion, I have to believe the muslim population is scared of the terrorists themselves. They fear consequences of standing up to the militants. The religious leaders lack the courage to change the focus of the religion from war to peace. The terrorists can be compared to gangs in some neighborhoods in the U.S. The residents are forced to put up with it, if they stand up for what is right, they will be killed. But it still bothers me all these muslim "charities" are fronts for supporting terrorists. There are still millions of people who want to see all jews and christians dead.
    Yes
    41.38%
    No
    41.38%
    everyone is guilty of something- including the mighty banana
    17.24%

I've seen the usual arguments that governments only represent a small portion of the population, and that most people are just regular working people trying to make a living.

If that is the case, why don't they stand up for what is right? Why do they allow politicians, lobyists, and extremists to hijack their government to justify illegal overseas wars They should be on local media denouncing Government activities. They should make it well known that they do not support their Government.

There have been reports of widespread government funding by the civlilian population in western countries and people in other nations such as the U.S. Their entire constitution and government was initially created through warfare. Without warfare they would have no country or government of their own. They are encouraged to spread their culture through any means including warfare.

Not that I agree with this, just making the point.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Not everyone is a born activist, and not everyone should be obligated to surrender survival for a chip at what's wrong. Many of these people have sh*t, and are simply trying to survive

As an old humanities Professor mimicked, a handful of well off knights running around old Europe demanding "allegiance to the just and logic sect of God's approval, on punishment of death!" aren't often going to receive much more than "Whu?" in sincere response from the average peasant, covered in dirt and rags.

Comment

Most of the civilian, well-behaved, populace support the militants, freedom-fighters, and what have you. It's their "boys", i.e. equivalence of an army. It's the propaganda and indoctrination that tells them they're at war though.
        får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Re: Is the muslim civilian population really "innocent"

Originally posted by Dissident
          Note: I don't actually believe this, I'm just posing this question for discussion amongst the posters.

I've seen the usual arguments that terrorists only represent a small portion of the population, and that most people are just regular working people trying to make a living.

If that is the case, why don't they stand up for what is right? Why do they allow terrorists, militants, and extremists to hijack their religion to justify genocide and murder? They should be on local media denouncing terrorists activities. They should make it well known that they do not support terrorism.

There have been reports of widespread terrorist funding by the civlilian population in muslim countries and muslims in other nations such as the U.S. Their entire religion was initially spread through warfare. Without warfare they would have no religion. They are encouraged to spread their religion through any means including warfare.

discuss

As for my opinion, I have to believe the muslim population is scared of the terrorists themselves. They fear consequences of standing up to the militants. The religious leaders lack the courage to change the focus of the religion from war to peace. The terrorists can be compared to gangs in some neighborhoods in the U.S. The residents are forced to put up with it, if they stand up for what is right, they will be killed. But it still bothers me all these muslim "charities" are fronts for supporting terrorists. There are still millions of people who want to see all jews and christians dead.
          There are many Americans who have been disgusted with the various genocides of Rwanda and Bosnia, yet they never actively did anything to protest such crimes against humanity.
          Does this mean that those same Americans really support genocidal acts? No, it does not.
          Same applies to Muslims who have not actively protested terrorist acts, even though they are not happy about such things.

Christianity in the Middle Ages was spread through violence and pillage, so does this mean that Christians today are evil because of what unrelated ancestors have done to other people? No, it does not mean that.
          Same applies to Muslims today, who are probably sick and tired of being told they are responsible for the Arabian jihad of the late ancient era.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: Is the muslim civilian population really "innocent"

Originally posted by Dissident
            Because you are equating passivity with active support.

Those with the guns tend to give the orders. Those without survive as best they can.

If you think I'm going to comment further on the culpable guilt of over a billion people, you must think I'm an arrogant bastard.
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

"Here we go with the old oxymoron again : Innocent civilians of Palestine"

(The Mad Monk and CyberGNU would understand )

I think the Palestinian civilians are about as innoicent as the Israeli civilians : they don't want war at all costs, at first, but they are living under so ****ty living conditions, and under such fear, that they are being radicalised into listening to the hawks rather than to the doves.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yeah, but the guy who runs my local shop is a Muslim civilian and he's not guilty of anything. Even gave us a special discount for buying many beers in one go once.
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Its only a tiny proportion of the Muslim population that are terrorists and members of terrorist organisations.

What is not in question is that many Muslims, probably the majority, support actions against the West. Nonetheless, they are entitled to an opinion, and that is about as bad as those that support the West's actions, and wish harm on Muslim populations and nations.

Having an opinion or a belief is not putting them at fault for the actions of the terrorists, an idea is not responsible for those that believe in it, and despite the popular support for terrorists, for various reasons, some of them very valid, we should differentiate between the two.
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

What is not in question is that many Muslims, probably the majority, support actions against the West.
                    That most certainly is in question!!!
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes, they are as innocent as any civilian population is. Most people are inherently apolitical. At most, they might voice vocal support for somehting, but will never actually do anything to activelly support the cause. Most will just live their lives.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

uhh, Mike H we did protest the war.

did you not see that? hundreds of thousands of people were protested the war.

the argument is stupid. we have freedom of speech in the U.S., and many people utilize that fully,

Comment

I am suprised by how many no votes there are.

I wonder how many of those are serious votes. That is the primary reason I created this poll. I wanted to see who felt this way but were not going to every post their views publically.

I already said my opinion above. I equate the terrorists with gangland activity in the U.S. Most of the population is too scared to speak out against the gangs. Yet I'm still bothered by how many people cheered the 9/11 attacks.

Comment

I think they're all serious(w/in normal proportion) dissident.

Comment

to be more in depth. I can't tell how many of these are american. but I don't think americans are as passive to anti americanism anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X