Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc
    Why not France?
    Because it was first located in Egypt. It would deserve to be in France if the Pyramids were in Paris, not Cairo...

Scratch that, there is a Pyramid in Le Louvre museum, so the Rosetta Stone deserves to be there
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Glass pyramids don't count
      (yeah I know there are some inside)

Comment

Anyway, despite all that, personally I don't see a reason for the parthenon marbles to return. At least now.

And that is because of this: they will be placed inside the sparkling new acropolis museum, where they willbe protected from the air polution.

Now IF Athens can drop down its air pollution to a level where antiquities would not be harmed by staying "outdoors" then they should indeed be retuned promtly and be returned to the temple to give it its whole magnificance.

I'd also like a worldwide manhunt for the Athena statue but that's a different story and propably unfeasable.

Apart from that the reason of why they should be returned now is purely one of "ethics" or doing the right thing upon which most Brits agree upon anyway, most Greeks just like to repeat it, and the Brit museum just likes to ignore for reasons I explained and the Greek archeological authorities like to press for a variety of reasons.

Comment

Working...
        X