Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative film review - Was "Crash" the worst movie you've ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative film review - Was "Crash" the worst movie you've ever seen?

MAN WHAT A PLOT!
    THE ACTING WAS AIRTIGHT
    THE PREMISE AND "PROVOCATIVE" THEMES SIMPLY SOLID
    THE ENDING MADE ME WEEP UNCONTROLLABLY

CRASH
    Yes.
    40.00%
    No!
    60.00%

It wasn't the worse, but it was pretty far down there.

Wasn't there a scene involving penetration into wounds or something sick like that?

Where's the disgust smiley.

Comment

...yet the worst part is that this pile of worthlessness actually won critical acclaim, and was the hit at the French film festival "Cannes" a few years back

Notch up another one for the French!

Comment

I never saw it. Where is my banana option?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

OH GO SEE IT ITS SO GOOD!!!

Comment

Are there at least naked super models in the movie to keep me from falling asleep?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

that's the only reason I watched in the first place. But it still didn't make up for that pile of trash.

Are all Canadians that perverted?

Comment

No. They're just all that CONTROVERSIAL and GROUNDBREAKING in the arts.

Bullsh*t. I hope to God the Liberals didn't fund it either, as is often the case

Comment

Oerdin, it has the amputee girl from The Sopranos and Beacher's boyfriend from OZ in it, giving each other rim jobs in the back of various rusted out automobile corpses. No supermodels here... if you want that, check out Deja Mort or Siberia, my favorite alt films!!!

Comment

never seen any of the director's other work, but from what i've heard of him, he goes in the same pile as lynch: not worth my time.
                    B♭3

Comment

I am a big fan of David Cronenberg, and I though this was a great flick. One of his best. I also like J.G. Ballard who wrote the book it is based upon.

A little unsettling at times, but a very powerful look at the obsession with risk and violent thrills people take for their pleasure nowadays.

Did you see the R or uncut edition of the movie?
                      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I'm a pretty big Croenenberg fan, but this one just didn't do it for me (except, of course, for the lesbian scene between Holly Hunter and Rosanna Arquette ). I didn't like eXistenZ, either; neither get even close to his work in The Fly, Naked Lunch, or especially Dead Ringers.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Yeah Crash was pretty bs.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Nothing could be worse than the Adventures of Buckaroo banzai in the fifth dimension...
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                              Nothing could be worse than the Adventures of Buckaroo banzai in the fifth dimension...
                              BAH! Philestine. Buckaroo Banzai is one of the great classic films of all time.

Crash was bad, but nowhere near the complete waste of my time that Stargate was.
                              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                              X