No announcement yet.

Zimbabwe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to fix the mess of Africa, the first thing we should do is to replace old colonial borders with borders that represent the ethnic groups. I am sick of hearing the crap between muslims and christians in Sudan and Nigeria. I don't give a sh!t if the people think it's "western imperialism", we are fixing the MISTAKES of imperialism!

So I take it you were in favor of the Iraq war then?

And do you know what your plan would do? Instead of ending warfare in Africa, it would explode it!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think the term for what south africa is is not "local superpower" but "regional great power", at least in 19th century european vocabulary.

south afria hasn't done anything because they've been black racists for quite some time now, too

Comment

Sure che you may be right. Sure Mugabe may be better than the last leaders. But he is still a dictator who has to go. It is like in Liberia, Charles Taylor needs to be thrown out. I hope the rebels sweep to victory but of course that might mean another dictator. It is just pointless to do anything in these countries.. it is just one dictator after another.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Charles Taylor, hopefully, is on his last legs. The rebels are entering the capital as we write. That man is deserving of all the hatred the world can spare.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

what's the name of Liberia's despot, again?

Comment

I thought that's who Che was talking about, Ecth.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I supposed so, just wasn't sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                  I think the term for what south africa is is not "local superpower" but "regional great power", at least in 19th century european vocabulary.
                  19th century?

south afria hasn't done anything because they've been black racists for quite some time now, too
                  Well i wouldn't go that far but the problem is ANC still has some sympathy for him it seems. And they've got some land issues themselves so they wouldn't want their blacks to think they're on the farmers' side.
                  CSPA

Comment

yes, 19th century... before that, great powerism was not an option

Comment

but you could still use the term in the 20th century and today as well, no?
                      CSPA

Comment

yeah, it emerged then

Huntington also used it. local superpower is bull**** though

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
                          Where's your guarantee it wouldn't make things worse?
                          There are never any guarantees in life.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Che, re: Mugabe, I think race is ALWAYS going to be touchy, no matter who discriminates on the basis of it. If Mugabe was a white doing it to only blacks there would be an outcry. Race discrimination just hits a nerve with the west, because we'd been doing it for so long.

I don't mind taking out Mugabe, but also Taylor should go, the Myanmar rulars, and a bevy of others... and maybe we will overthrow more dictators, if the neocons win out in the end.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

yeah I know. but you could say south africa is a superpower compared to its neighbours. kind of like compared to liechtenstein, switzerland is a superpower .
                              CSPA

Comment

The neo-cons are good on the mount, but their landings so far suck ass. And if you screw up the landing enought times, you will break your legs.

Only the international community as a whole could make such a difference, and neo-cons are rather poor at enlisting aid, due to thier self-centered navel gazing.
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X