• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the friggin' bass?

Attached Files
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I agree.

The singing is quite bad. Out of tune even for James which makes out-of-tune an art form.

The drums are lousy, and the general mixing and mastering is quite bad. The recording sounds all too... amateurish.

The bass isn't very good. It's there but not there.

Comment

I see there's improvement there

You haven't got rid of that Faboba style though

Comment

Metallica? Don't they sue their fans?
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Haven't heard any of the new songs...are they very different from the songs on Load and Reload?
            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I wouldn't say very different, but they are different.

I'm not sure if they wanted to record it so crappy to make it seem more "real" and "raw" or they just were just stupid. I don't listen to Metallica for that sort of sound. I'd listen to Nirvana, or some punk band for that.

Comment

those new songs were quite boring on live show

Comment

well I went ahead and bought the album. Hey, I'm a diehard Metallica fan- I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

what the kicker was for me was the fact they proved a DVD, and they provide a link to the Metallica Vault where you can download almost 100 hours (or is it minutes?) of music (mostly live from what I can tell).

In any case, when played in my pickup with my amplified boosted truck speakers behind the seats the bass does sound halfway decent. I still don't like the sound quality that much. I'm not sure if they intended on that sound. Maybe they wanted it to sound more raw. And I'm beginning to think the problem isn't the bass guitar, but the drums. Sometimes the drums sound like they are coming from a tin can.

I will still write Metallica an e-mail and ask them to rerecord the album with Rob Trujillo at bass .

Comment

anyways, even though I felt like the sound quality could be better, I am happy this is a heavy album. Not as heavy as their old stuff, but definately better than crap on Reload and that I Disappear song.

Comment

The album is missing long guitar solos. And the individual songs are also missing a certain distinctiveness. It's good, but not as good as previous albums. You get used to the odd sound quality eventually.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

They've always been crap.
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                        X