No announcement yet.

If I was in charge of Windows, I'd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make a version dedicated solely for music production that is backwards compatible with previous incarnations of Windows.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Release the technical information, if not source code, so that all others can make their products work effectively with windows, and to give all the advantages of FOSS to windows, thus abandoning the proprietery model.

Also, would remove the bloat, a decent CLI, and kick out the DRM and spyware!
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

-get rid of the My Documents concept and revert to having the Save/Open dialogs open in the last used folder a la Win95
        -convert the Registry to standard text-files
        -ship with the latest Sun JRE built-in
        -if I consider IE part of Windows, add support for transparent PNGs and all of CSS2
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
          Release the technical information, if not source code, so that all others can make their products work effectively with windows, and to give all the advantages of FOSS to windows, thus abandoning the proprietery model.
          All people need to do is make their apps run under .NET
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Well done FP! :

Ah, sweet, that's where it is! Thanks.

Wow! Works in Win2K too!

I think my sarcasm detector just exploded.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

If I was in charge of Windows, I'd shrug, give my position to the first by-goer and go back to playing with my Gentoo box...
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
              X