It's that time again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time again...

.. to rant about miserable lives even though kids in Africa might disagree. Anyway, here it goes, the rant of a spoiled brad.

I came back from entrance exams to Uni. I think I didn't make it. I was a bit sick (diarrhea) and feeling frustrated to begin with. I can't give excuses though, I did my best. Maybe my performance was not the best possible, but it wasn't that bad either. I failed to do the two last questions because time ran out, so I missed lots of points, enough points to be excluded once again even though I answered every other questions correctly. Such is competition. I talked to talk but I couldn't walk the walk. I failed, and I haven't forgiven myself because the test was easy for me, and still I screwed up. Pretty much my dreams died all at once. Pretty tough to deal with. I don't know what I'll do from now on, or what I'll become. I'm not 18 anymore exactly. No savings, on property, no job..

.. but if that wasn't enough, the same day my mom e-mailed me, that she'll divorce my dad. Truly a shocker. I don't know if I should be angry or not. I was just overwhelmed by the surprise so I don't know what state I was in. They don't even fight or anything. I guess that's the problem. My dad still doesn't know about it, and he doesn't have any ideas and it will take him by complete surprise. I feel like crap, because I can't look into his eyes, he doesn't have any clue what's going on. I feel like I need to tell him, but I just can't. Somehow I'm thinking maybe she changes her mind, but I know she won't. The fact, that they divorce is not that bad, but the fact what happens then is. You see, my dad is not exactly a young lad anymore. He doesn't go out, drink beer, nothing. He doesn't know how to relax or have fun. He's always working, and he has done so since he was 14. Pretty much his life was stolen by work. He will NEVER find a new woman for himself. He's also looking to get retired now, so he's not young, and there's only so much time left to find a new woman. I'm convinced he can't do it, and don't tell my otherwise, I know my family.

So even though I'm not that peachy with my dad, we have had our differencies, but I just feel so bad for the man. They haven't talked about it like normal people. My mom has thought about this for the last few years, never told anything to anyone, and then makes the plans ready, so only thing missing is telling and then all is set already. How fair is that? I think that's so f*ing rude I can't believe it. How about working the problems out when they occur, or little later then by talking about it? Not keeping it inside and never telling about it, that's just not fair. She's talking about setting him free because she's a pain in his butt. That's the biggest BS I've ever heard. He'll be forever lonely and die that way.
    I mean he works so much, it's all he does. He don't know how to relax or do things for himself. Because he works so much and doesn't know how to take a vacation and enjoy life, he doesn't have close friends. So he'll be completely alone, and he's not young anymore, and after this he surely doesn't magically learn how to relax and he'll get older, thinking he is useless, watching walls and clock waiting for the time to end. I'm so angry that my mom denies this fact. She has her own reasons to apart herself, and if she feels that way, then she should. But what about doing it earlier, like 20 years ago? Or 10 years ago? Why now, when there's no chance for the other one, and then being so sneaky about it, not telling about problems? She says she can't talk with him with stuff that is important to her, and I asked if she tried enough? I know she hasn't tried that much. She herself thinks it's useless to even try, and then makes conclusions based on that, building and building it and finally this.

I don't know what I should do or feel, I guess I'm incompetent to handle my feelings. I guess I learned that from my old man then. I don't even get feelings, maybe somehow I block them unconscioussnesly before they even reach my thoughts. There has been many setbacks, and recently they have been mounting so much and they're about to burst all at the same time, and I don't think this is healthy.

I don't know if this is poetic justice or something like that, but my dad kicked his dad out of the house when he was little younger than me. But he was abusive drunk. My dad doesn't drink, I think he tried to be the exact opposite because he hated his dad. He never told me these things, but I found out anyway. And he is the opposite, he's not violent at all and sober always. And now when he's about to hear this news, I mean it will kill him. His dad died alone, it was a sad story, and he's about to face the same fate. Even though we are not very close, I still feel so strongly that he doesn't deserve this. I'm trapped in this circle I'm living now, unable to brake myself through the obstacles and .. I don't know I just can't put it to words what I feel, at least not in english. Maybe I can't even explain it. It's mixture of many things. I think I've hit the bottom, and it's not about to stop soon. I hope you understand, whoever you are, that I needed to write this for myself. I was having a coffee with my buddies just an hour ago, but I can't talk to them about this. I just can't force myself to do it. So, I needed to tell this to someone and I appreciate your company and your collective wisdom which is unbelievably high. I'm pretty lost right now, and I'm dead serious about it.

Thanks for listening.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

And please don't question my predictions what happens to my dad. I know it, because I'm exactly like him. Maybe that's why haven't been able to communicate with him, because I tried so hard to be different, I saw him living in a prison he built himself, mental prison. And maybe I see myself in him, and know that I'm just like him. So, I know what will happen for sure. I will never see him again, he will not be able to deal with this because he can't handle his feelings, like me, and because of that he will never be able to recover, and he doesn't have all the time in his hands to recover. This is so unfair I can't find the right words for it. We're both emotionally impotent, but at least I have time left. Why did she wait this long? She said she just realized it.. yeah sure.

I e-mailed her back and I tried not to take sides or not to fire back too strongly, but I know she'll just think I'll never forgive her, she's quite sensitive you know. I don't know. Maybe I won't forgive her. It has nothing to do about love, if there even is such thing, at this point it's a mutual deal to live together and make the best out of it and be safe and know you're not alone. And that's it. It's a deal, and you don't brake it now. You brake it earlier, you don't do it now! I get along with my mom just fine, but this will seriously damage our relations, and I can't communicate with my dad either, so .. but you know I always thought that it's ok, I can live my own life and let them be angry at me, but at least they'd be angry together for the choices I made. Now they will be separeted, my dad will die alone, bitter and sad with no joy in his life at all and unfairly, and I'm unable to think my mom actually takes some other man because she has to, she doesn't have any savings or money, nothing. I just feel like I should f*cking kill every man that comes to the house. If this is what she chooses, then she should be alone and die alone, like my dad is about to. He worked so hard all his life to not go through this anyway. If he has to go alone and sad, then she has to go too that way. Makes me think if she already has another man. I think she doesn't, she has high morals and everytihng, but if she does, I'm booking a ticket right that second and take the fastest route to make there and I'll be the only male surviving that battle. I know it's wrong, but you can take it to the bank.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Please someone answer, post something please

I'm starting to feel reaaallly bad right now and I have to lock myself in this house because I feel like I'm losing control of every ****ing thing right now. My head is in so much pressure right now and it will burst soon and I don't how it comes out. I'll ****ing explode to little pieces soon. Just say something, it doesn't matter what it is but just say something please. It's a ****ing live nightmare but there's no wake up and well please just say anything!
      In da butt.

Comment

so many views, can't you people just say something? I don't care what it is, I just would like to have some company..
        In da butt.

Comment

I can't really say much that would help, Pekka. Just try to remember to look for some opportunity in this situation.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

THat's ok. You don't have to give advices that helps or anything.. I just wanted someone to say something.. thanks for replying. Right now I can't see any opportunities. My dads fate just crushes me beyond belief, and that what angers me and saddens me, not the divorce itself.
            In da butt.

Comment

I hope things will get better for you Pekka. Dont stop fighting.
              "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

I hope so too.. but it's not that.. I'm a survivor no matter what. Maybe I'll brake few bones not landing on my feet, but I'll still get up. It's my dads fate. He'll go insane, and feels betrayed. I feel betrayed too. It's a deal at this point and you don't brake it!!
                In da butt.

Comment

Hey,

I'm more mad that you F'ed up that test than about your parents getting a divorce (or so it seems)...

Why?

Because your an adult, and is about time you started to act like one, young man (yeah, like I'm old).

Your parents buisness is their buisness, it no longer concerns you. I could understand if you were still their little Pekka and this happened, because then the would of F'ed you buy making you pretty much raise yourself, which is pretty much the case in broken homes. Pretty much, since you left, it sounds like that place has become more of a house than a home. If breaking up will make your mom happy than you should support her while comforting your dad... You seem to be wanting to make this your problem (but not really doing so). IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU FOR ONCE.

This is about them, their love for you will not change and I am sure their love for each other will still be there, just in a different form. Encourage them to remain friends, if for nothing else, for your sake...

Sorry if I am being harsh, but I see this all the time. It happened to my cousins and my best friends (two of them). They don't blame themselves, they just try and make it about them, and then they get all sad... WHY?! ITS NOT ABOUT YOu.

Suks, however, that you can play the "daddy loves me more because he bought me a more expensive toy" game...

Oh, back to the school thingy... What the F are you thinking?! Your a smart, stop F'ing up! Maybe you really don't want to go to Uni (on a sub-something level). Heck, forget Hell's-stinky and come to the US, we got a thing here called communit college that can get you into any Uni you want based off of merit and not off of some stupid standardized test... Just multiple standardized tests

--

Sorry for all the bashing, you just need to come back down to Earth and stop worrying about what other people are doing and start worrying about yourself... Be selfish... That's my motto

Oh yeah, *insert mushy crap here*... because your not going to get it, your too smart to be lied to
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

That woman doesn't even have the courage to talk to me over the phone, but has to e-mail me. There are not enough words to describe how betrayed and angry I feel right now. I just let her know exactly what I think of her stunt, and what it does to my dad, and thus what it does to me. She has decided to search something new. AT THIS POINT! How about doing it earlier!??!? ****ing typical. Please someone just keep posting I just want to have some company and talk something it doesnät matter what it is. I can't get this out of my head and my angry level is at the point where I'm starting to see red and black.. I'm loosing control and I kid you NOT!
                    Please just keep talking something, let's have a conversation ok??
                    In da butt.

Comment

Japher, you are correct, it's their business. And like I said, she has already made up her mind, there's nothing I can do. She wanted my honest opinion, and I felt like giving it. I didn't trash her, but I told that the way she's doing it (not telling about, discussing the problems in the first place etc etc) lacks honour so much, and I despice it.
                      Not the divorce itself, but the way it's going to happen.

And the biggest thing why I'm angry, is that my dad will go so much downhill he can't recover. He can't relax, he doesn't know how to do it. He can only work hard, but now he's getting retired. He's about to become a lonely guy whose only visitor is me sometimes, who dies alone, because the other part of the deal decided to skip out of it at this point. Earlier? Fine. Now? ... Bhhh...
                      It's a ****ing deal at this point, that you have someone. My mom can find a new man in no time. My dad can't. It's like leaving your wounded friend screaming in pain and running to make it for yourself. As some people might think it's ok and the thing to do, I feel it's the worst thing to do, you don't leave a friend who is in trouble, NEVER.

My dad can't soon take care of himself at all. Who is going to do that? We don't live in the US, I remind you. I'm the only one who he has, and we're not peachy to begin with, plus we can't communicate. I hate to see it happen! My dad in that place I mean. I know it because I'm just like him in some ways. It's not about two people groing apart from each other and looking for new things. It's about one side deciding to search something new, and leaving the other one completely hopeless and alone who can't survive alone at this point of life. It's a ****ing disgrace, that's what it is.
                      And you're right, it's not about me.

And as I know my dad, they will not remain friends. They will never see each other again.. maybe on few occasions. My mom would be up for close friendship, I bet, but my dad can't, because he is so ****ing unbelievably incompetent keeping it up, I know it because I'm like him. It's not a question of possible scenario, it is the only scenario.

And what about 'daddy loves me more'? Like I said, I get along with my mom, I don't get along with my dad. We don't connect. I just feel that he's getting the worst side of this 'deal', and that it's going to kill him inside what ever there is left.

And finally, I DON'T KNOW why I failed.. It was fairly easy test too! I mean not if you don't understand it, but it's my field, it was like a walk in the park! I just.. I don't know, I was nervous but I forced myself to give my best shot, but all I could think was 'this is my last shot, don't screw it up'. So I started doing it, making sure I wouldn't screw up and what you know, time ran out!

And my plan and dream IS to come into the US, but I can NOT afford it. I've been trying, and I guess I still have to give it another shot, I'm not going down. I'm just stupid, I don't know when I failed, I just keep going and bumping my head to the wall, but I'll keep doing it. Coming to the US is not that easy, as a matter a fact it's hard as hell, if you're BROKE.

Ok, NOW I'm over the 'feel-bad-for-me'-part. I'm just angry and fists up. I need to keep moving. I just haven't figured out the direction.
                      Last edited by Pekka; June 4, 2003, 20:30.
                      In da butt.

Comment

You can be angry at her, just remember to love her too... It is her life after all, and I really think that it is hard for her, especially if she didn't even have the heart to tell YOU to your face. Hopefully she yeilds the type of respect to your dad that would make her tell HIM to his face... She does owe it to him.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

You probably did a lot better in the exam than you think.

I had my big area exam last year (4+2 hours) and thought that I'd made a complete hash of it, especially the Greek section, which was a nightmare. Then I found out at the interrogation that I'd passed easily and that the Greek was virtually flawless. All that panic for nothing.

Then I had my German exam last month and thought I'd completely failed. Surprise - same story. What often happens is that people with very high standards tend to think they've done awfully, when in fact they haven't (they've just done awfully relative to their perfectionist standards).

Hang in there.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Agathong, I did not. I know I scored full in the parts I actually did. I didn't complete the whole test. The points missed because of that are far to great to be missed. It is a fact, not a gut feeling.

Competition in here is very tough. There are only so few places and helluva lot more people who are all competent and willing to take that place. So you absolutely need full score. If you can't bring the top performance, you're out. And as I didn't do the few last questions, which weren't even tough, I'm out by default.
                            Last edited by Pekka; June 4, 2003, 20:41.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Japher, she won't come here to tell it to his face. She's in the US now. It's going to happen in the phone, briefly just saying it.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X