Microsoft trying to kill Icelandic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the crybaby smilie?!?!
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
      Judging by your grammar, you are also not too keen when it comes to English.
      Even your name is not grammatically correct, so perhaps you shouldn't be talking.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It says a lot about the state of the anti-MS when they resort to 5 year old articles for trolls.

It's not meant to be a troll. I just got back from Iceland and did a Google search on how to get those Icelandic letters on my screen. This article happened to on top and I did't notice the date. Sorry to all you MS lovers
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          It says a lot about the state of the anti-MS when they resort to 5 year old articles for trolls.
          Well me and asher like one thing when it comes to computers... Microsoft..

Yeah, I must admit it is very lame for somebody to bring up a five year article... But it is cool...
          Last edited by Giancarlo; June 3, 2003, 19:25.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

probably not the easiest way though...

hold down alt and type the numbers on the numeric keybpad:

132 ä (0228)
            134 å (0229)
            145 æ (0230)
            ð (0240)
            137 ë (0235)
            148 ö (0246)
            155 ø (0248)
            225 ß (0223)
            þ (0254)
            129 ü (0252)
            152 ÿ (0255)

142 Ä (0196)
            143 Å (0197)
            146 Æ (0198)
            Ð (0208)
            Ë (0203)
            153 Ö (0214)
            157 Ø (0216)
            Þ (0222)
            154 Ü (0220)

Learn how to create international language accent marks and diacriticals on a QUERTY keyboard layout using ALT Key Codes & Charts. Change keyboards and alphabets to create special symbols, characters and math terms. Help on typing foreign language characters. Also called alt num.
            CSPA

Comment

Wow! Thanks Gangerolf
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Wasn't Iceland one of our stalwart allies - part of the "coalition of the willing" - during Gulf War II? We should be giving them anything they want!
                Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

When Microsoft quits putting out Windows in Icelandic, you need to go to Linux, not Apple--and don't try telling me there aren't any Linux Geeks up there in Iceland. They've infiltrated everywhere. Besides, ø and Ø have got to be the two coolest characters known to modern man.

BTW, who's 1? And why's he got an avatar at Cheiftan?
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Those who had custom avatars prior to the "X number of posts" rule were grandfathered in.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

How old is this?

Microsoft and the government of Iceland announced jointly that the company would create a localized Icelandic version of Windows 98, the company's newest operating system.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Read the thread.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                          BTW, who's 1? And why's he got an avatar at Cheiftan?
                          He's nobody of import. The reason he has a personal avatar is because he got it when you could get one when you had been a member for 6 months.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

MS may have finally implemented Icelandic language support, but do they support Welsh? I don't think so. Apple 1 - Microsoft 0
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I used to have the avatar as a settler, but the mods refused to lock my settler status. I've been here longer than 90% of all of you. I just choose not to make it my life... unlike 90% of you. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                                MS may have finally implemented Icelandic language support, but do they support Welsh? I don't think so. Apple 1 - Microsoft 0
                                It supports Welsh. There's even Spelling & Grammar checkers in Office for the Welsh language.

Microsoft 1 - Apple 0

Comment

Working...
                                X