Swazi King Rejects Pants: War on Terror Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swazi King Rejects Pants: War on Terror Lost

MBABANE, Swaziland (Reuters) -- Swaziland's absolute monarch has singled out women wearing pants as the cause of the world's ills in a state radio sermon that also condemned human rights as an "abomination before God."

"The Bible says curse be unto a woman who wears pants, and those who wear their husband's clothes. That is why the world is in such a state today," Mswati, ruler of the impoverished feudal nation of about one million, said late on Thursday.

The Times of Swaziland reported that the monarch, who reigns supreme in the landlocked country run by palace appointees and where opposition parties are banned, went on to criticize the human rights movement.

"What rights? God created people, and He gave them their roles in society. You cannot change what God has created. This is an abomination before God," the king told an audience of conservative church leaders.

Women on the streets of capital Mbabane were not impressed.

"The king says I am the cause of the world's problems because of my outfit. Never mind terrorism, government corruption, poverty and disease, it's me and my pants. I reject that," said Thob'sile Dlamini.

I am expecting a reaction from President Bush shortly. Apparently the 4th ID will be rerouted to Swaziland to put an end to this madness. I think we are losing their hearts and minds!!!
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Do they have "terrorist groups with international reach?"

That's Bush's criteria.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

you know, he has a pretty good point.

the world has been going downhill pretty fast since women started wearing pants.

Comment

Even worse when they got the right to vote, drive and golf.
          Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Pants spell the doom of hot upskirt action.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

That man represents a clear and present danger to the national security of...

nobody.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

That man represents a clear and present danger to the national security of...

Swaziland. They count.

the world has been going downhill pretty fast since women started wearing pants.

Do you know that one of the oldest surving Sumerian writings is a tablet condemning the "youth of today" and the "downfall of society"? In fact, I suspect that the Modern Western Civilization is much less screwed up than that of the Sumerians.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Damn Sumerians and their 'youth'!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                    In fact, I suspect that the Modern Western Civilization is much less screwed up than that of the Sumerians.
                    You are certainly right, but they stood the test of time quite well. So I will wait a couple of millenia before joigning your opinion.
                    Statistical anomaly.
                    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT

You are certainly right, but they stood the test of time quite well. So I will wait a couple of millenia before joigning your opinion.
                      Stood the test of time??? Their civilization was toast even before Babylonians showed up.

If you think leaving stone tablets behind is standing up to the test time, well then...

Comment

This example only shows that all Fundamentalists are the same.

We are truly lucky that a man named Martin Luther showed up and challenged the authority of the clerics, with success.

Comment

He just decentralized fundamentalism.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Yeah, I think I'd put the Catholic Church on a peg lower than the Southern Baptists when it comes to fundamentalism... and a score of other Protestant groups as well .

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                              He just decentralized fundamentalism.
                              Better than centralized into hands of a few hyprocrites.

If Catholic priests are raping boys/girls left and right in today's world, in which they have very little power compared to back then, you can imagine how these guys behaved when they HAD the power.

Comment

Working...
                              X