Does anybody watch "The West Wing"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watch the West Wing religiously. It's the one show that:

a) I require all my housemates at uni to be perfectly quiet for while I watch it

b) Both me and my mum enjoy.

I'll readily admit that it has an obvious liberal bias (not that this bothers me, being liberal as I am) and that Aaron Sorkin has a tendency to be a tad self-indulgent with some of his writing (he loves putting obscure references in that only one in a million people will get), but at the same time you have to admit that it's well-written and strikes a good balance between humour and drama.

Incidently, some of you may wish to check out this link: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi?show=4
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

just type in Emily Proctor in Google. The link to the Oops Celebrity site is on page 3 of the listing.

Comment

It aint aired here..
        So I had to UK-order it after it was recommended to me.
        When does Lowe leave?
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

end of the 2002/2003 season.

I.E. all the episodes to date should have him in them.

Comment

Aaron Sorkin has left the show now, too . I fear it just won't be as good without him, especially considering that he's written most of the episodes himself.
            "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

No, I do not watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                I used to love that show. Especially (....) the lone republican they had working for the administration. Amy Hayes or something like that was her name.
                For some reason I really love her accent.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I love it but its "holier than thou" attitude can sometimes be a bit annoying. Otherwise acting is and the writing is just plain superb.

Pity Rob Loew left, I always liked his character.

Oh yeah new series is to start on E4 soonish! hurrah

Comment

Great show

We are only in the second series here but there's always some other way to get them.

And I for one sure hope Sheen stays in it.
                    When does the show start again, september?
                    My fav show. Got about 3 GB of West Wing on my computer

Just checked it, over 20G (every episiode including the 4 series)
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I would think that Sheen has to stay in it

Comment

Working...
                      X